There are, at least, thirteen bands by this name.
1) Phantom was formed in January 2012 by singer & songwriter Hanna Toivonen and producer/sound designer/DJ Tommi Koskinen. Phantom blossomed by a mutual love for alternative electronic music, sustainable urban art and innovative ways of making music. Phantom teases with variations of moody mystique and erratic transparency combining multiple art forms in one.
3) London, UK, based duo: Elsie Martins (vocals, guitar, organ, Korg, beats / pulses & noises / echoes) & Jonny Martin (bass, ebow bass, beats / rhythms & noises / samples). Released Great Pretender (Sept 2009) & the Smoke & Mirrors album (16 Aug 2010).
5) An incarnation of Yeston & Kopit.
7) US power metal band from '85.
8) A heavy metal band from Poland.
9) old school Richmond Hardcore
10) 팬텀, a Korean hip-hop & R&B trio under the label BrandNew Music consisting of Hanhae, Sanchez and Kiggen debuted in October, 2011.
11) A German black metal band who released their self-titled 7" on Deathstrike Records in 2009.
12) A Nom-de-plume for Tom Stuart, an English music producer. At the start of 2013 this artist released a number of 80's remixes. Known for heavy 8-bit usage and 80's synths. https://soundcloud.com/i-am-the-phantom https://www.facebook.com/pages/Phantom/212298262262589
13) A black metal band from Denmark formed in 2005. Their first album Incendiary Serum was released in 2013 by I, Voidhanger Records.
14) Phantom is a heavy metal band from Toronto, Canada. The band was formed in January of 2012 by ex-ash Lee Blade members D.D. Murley (Vocals, Guitars), Necro Hippie (Bass) and J.J. Blade (Drums, vocals).
The band’s music is traditional heavy metal in the vein of Maiden/Priest/Dio, filtered through the sensibilities of the power trio format. Songs are immediate, catchy, and driving; the band having distilled their influences into a caustic solution that is both modern in scope and nostalgic in sound. Live, the band is engaging and dynamic; on record, powerful and nuanced.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.