1) Romanian band>>>Beautiful urban landscapes of sounds and mixed feelings and good moods, quiet introspection, accompanied by the seductive intensity of guitars, pure energy and positive vibe, sophisticated bass lines and explosive or warm drums, smooth acoustic guitar, nostalgia but optimism also are overlapping in their songs and are defining the PERSONA aestethics, making their audience explore different degrees of joy through their music.
For the debut album “Suburbia Afterlife”, PERSONA polished an exquisite yet original sound, celebratory and serious, melodramatic and classy rock n roll with pop hooks here and there, sometimes joyful and optimist, artful and cocky, that will not allow the audience to remain seated while enjoying it.
The story so far…
The group was formed in 2003 in Timisoara (Romania), the name being inspired by Ingmar Bergman’ s movie “Persona”. The band members belong to the new generation of Romanian musicians that bloomed after the anticommunist revolution of December 1989 and they all have been involved in the music scene since then, playing in several bands before forming Persona.
The band’s music is, indeed, one of British influence but cannot be strictly labeled – the musical background and influences of each of the members, refined by the experience and artistic maturity blend together in the PERSONA genre.
Gaben - vocals/guitar
Coco - bass
Joy - guitars
Horatiu - drums
2) The Brazilian band >>> Launched in Brazil in 1975, private edition, in long-play mono of 10”. Obscure experimental psych band, pre-Tutti-Frutti. Interesting noise and precarious writing, seeming to have been done in a small garage, recorded with a domestic Cassette 2 track, tape mangled bliss!
Locution - Robert Campadello
I sing - Carmen Flowers
Guitar, Echo Play Efects and Gaita - Carlini Luis
Vioão - Lee Marcucci
Percussion - Franklin Paolillo
3) Eric Cook - glitch electronica
4) Indie/Progressive band from Orleans, Ontario, Canada. Their Albums included “Solidad” released in 1993 and “Tribes” in 1995.
5) The Swedish duo >>> Persona was Bjφrn Lindstrφm & Rickard Fredιn, the boys that also became known as the power electronics against communism duo “Iron Justice” (a.k.a. THE IKEA-CREW). W.M.J. Organisation was their tape-label. Here’s a complete discography. Of course all titles are deleted.Limited edition 30 copies.Extreme ,dark experimental music.
6) A French coldwave band with some industrial/experimental influences. This project was a collaboration between two genious musicians: Marc Collin and Xavier Jamaux. They released demo “Presque, Tout, Cassure” in 1989.
7) Spanish martial/industrial act
Edited by noisefiend on 31 Aug 2014, 02:57
Sources (view history)
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.