You are viewing an old version of this wiki. View the latest version.
There is more than one band with this name:
1. Overflow is Psychedelic Chillout artist from Finland, Jürgen Sachau.
2. Overflow is a Croatian Punk Rock band.
(2) In 1990, in Koprivnica (Croatia), four highschool friends (Dado, Mali, Žika, Kosta) first formed "Overflow". In the same year, they released their first tape ("Through the Department Store") and had their first few gigs, which came out as a success. But, in some of the early days, Kosta (bass) was already replaced by Kondrad Mulvaj because he had to go serve in army. Good gigs soon caused their first album named like their first tape and a successful tour in France.
The next year, after the tour, they released their second album, this time with a Croatian publisher. After the second album ("Dorothy"), they released their first video of the song which was the first music video filmed in Croatia.
Next autumn in 1993, Overlow went on their European tour doing gigs in Italy, France, Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia.
After that came their part in AntiWar action and compilation "The Dignity Of Human Being Is Vulnerable" from Netherlands against the war in ex-Yugoslavia.
Soon after that, Overflow experienced their first financial problems after an Italy tour.
In the next year they had a memorable concert on Macedonian Summer Rock Festival with Atheist Rap and Antasia. Next year they released new album ("Extremely Perverted Fantasies Of the Mad Milkman's Disordered Mind") and made two music videos for songs "Don't/Una Morbida Muchacha" and "The Mad Milkman/I Kill" which experienced success in Croatia.
Soon, the original band's guitarist Žika (Branimir Živković) had to leave the band and was replaced with Igor Ježek who was right away replaced with Nikica Jovanović. After that they soon made their new video for the song "Protected by the Badge" which was soon banned.
Next year they released their new album "Unbreastfed 69" and two new videos: "Ebony&Ivory" and "She wants to be a man" and again went to a new European tour.
The years 2000 and 2001 were full of great gigs and all went well, but after a concert in Čakovec, Overflow decided to stop the band for a while.
The band "hibernated" until 2005, and is now continuing to play and record music.
2) Overflow was a hard rock/new metal from Belo Horizonte, Brazil. Composed by Diego Mancini, Sidharta Velloso and Daniel Alves, the band recorded a demo and performed for about two years untill it broke up for an indefinite period of time on 2002.
3) A local grunge band from Naperville, IL, USA. Existing from 1999 - 2003, they released 2 albums, only one professionally produced titled "Brokenwing".
4) A hard-dance project from Japan, consisting of DJ Shin-G & DJ Shusei. Several of their tracks are released on the Energize.JP label.
5) Overflow is Jürgen Sachau's solo project from Finland and is mainly downtempo, electronic chill. Sachau has had many other projects aswell, one of them being a psychedelic dance -project called haltya. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haltya
6) hard psytrance project from brazil, runned by pedro ducry - rio de janeiro.
7) Hard Rock band from Barcelona formed by: Jordi Àvila, Ferran Ferreri, Pep Llopart, Xavi Puig and Alberto Cámara. Active from 2004 to 2006.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.