There are several different musical entities that go by the name "Oto":
(1) Oto creates ambient music and soundscapes using live instruments such as guitar, xylophone and melodica along with electronic sounds and field recordings. Started in the winter of 2005 by the current members of Hirotaka Makino, Bunichi Oshiro and Takeshi Udo, and in 2006 released their first EP "sketch 1" from Pandatone's online label Creation Centre.
(2) creates multimedia performances and computer generated sound designs of crisp sounding electronic and orchestral soundtracks. Currently two albums are available: "Time Capsule Sunday" which is a mix of electronic and field recordings. "Commercial Works 2004-2006" is a mix of 27 electronic and orchestral pieces which sound highly cinematic.
(3) OTO were from Nancy (France), the band was constituted by Pascal Hubert (Bass & Vocals), Farid Dahalb (Drums & Vocals) and François Rousseau (Guitar). They also recorded a lp 'Purge an urge' in 1986 on Madrigal label and appeared on compilations like 'Nancy' (1986) and the cd 'Return Of The Banshee' (1995).
(4) Oto or The Solo Oto is the nickname of singer Becca Brown, Oto currently covers songs and has covered songs such as Every Day is Exactly the Same by Nine Inch Nails, It's Been Awhile by Staind, and other famous artists. She is currently working on an album and plans to release an EP within the next month.
(5) Marco Puccini aka OTO of Florence (Firenze) Italy makes electronica, experimental, idm music. He starts to approach music languages after his long collaboration with the Theatre Company Krypton (one of the most vanguard and popular theatre company in Italy in the ‘80s) for which he realized sounds traks of the shows ("Iconoclast" in collaboration with Marco Messina from 99 Posse and "B" written by Giampaolo Spinato). He collaborates with some of the most important performers of the internation scene like FrankoB e Stelarc. He actually experiments its compose search on electronic sound and he collaborates actively for the sound design with the video productions of “The fake factory” (Milano/Firenze).
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.