1. A shoegazing band from Pennsylvania, United States
2. A hardcore band from Hungary
3. An ambient project from Oregon, United States
4. A thrash metal band from Australia
5. A drum and bass producer from Russia
6. A grunge band from Sweden
7. A thrash metal band from Poland
8. A nu metal band from Texas, United States
9. A metal band from Virginia, United States
10. An indie rock band from Spain
11. A punk band from the United Kingdom
1) Nothing is a band from Philadelphia, PA.
Nothing was formed in 2011 by Domenic Palermo. Previously Palermo was the brains behind the early 2000’s hardcore/punk act Horror Show. in 2002 Horror Show was put on hold after Palermo was incarcerated for a stabbing that eventually led to a 2 year prison sentence. Upon his return Palermo would take a lengthy hiatus from music. In 2011 Palermo released a demo tape titled “Poshlost” under the moniker NOTHING. After several attempts at constructing a solid lineup for the band Palermo met Brandon Setta. Setta would bring a lush, rich soundscape and a fresh approach to Palermos vision for Nothing. Setta and Palermo would handle the writing for the next release, a very rare 12” EP that was released on Japanese boutique label Big Love Records called Suns And Lovers( A play off of the D.H. Lawernce book). It was limited to 300 copies and the bands share was donated back to the label for a Tsunami Relief Charity. The next release, Downward Years To Come was a 5 song EP and was recorded at the Rubber Tracks Studio in Brooklyn with Kyle “Slick” Johnson. The record was released by Baltimore Label A389 Records in November 2012. The record was written by Palermo and Setta. The concept behind Downward Years To Come was a dedication to several different poets who had taken their own lives. Setta and Palermo would again head into the studio, this time with Jeff Zeigler at Uniform Recordings to write their debut Lp, “Guilty Of Everything” and sign with Relapse Records.
2) Hungarian pank hardcore band. They are young persons but enthusiastic and have an 1 demo and an EP. In the steps of bands Descendents, Dead Kennedys and some Bold. Sometimes you can discover thrash elements in the guitar sound.
You can download their new EP from here:
3) Nothing is a Dark ambient / Noise / Experimental side-project of Jason William Walton (Agalloch, Especially Likely Sloth) with guest appearances from a few others on each new release.
Since the mid ’90s they have released four albums, various compilation appearances and a few limited releases as well as a handful of live performances . Each release exploring a different theme, a different style and a different approach, and never being content with what they have achieved.
Becoming increasingly disillusioned with the experimental, noise and power electronics scene that Nothing found itself in, and after the Cobra-live-performance fiasco, Walton gave up on Nothing. In 2008 Walton said “2008 presents me with a new situation, and leaves me inspired. I am reinventing Nothing once again…”
4) Nothing is a Thrash Metal band from Melbourne, Australia.
5) Nothing is also the name of a Russian Drum & Bass producer, with releases on Kinematic, Step 2 Zero and TAM.
6) Nothing is a Swedish grunge-band.
7) Polish hc/thrash band from Kraków.
8) Nothing was a Nu-Metal band from Houston, Texas.
9) Nothing is a heavy metal band from Richmond, Virginia. Their debut album ‘Beneath The Skin’ was released locally in 1999, with many subsequent tracks posted online.
10) Nothing is a 90’s indie spanish band from Zaragoza.
11) Nothing are a cheesy punk rock band from Hertford.
Why we exist… there is hope out there. We’re stuck in a Social Psycle world of orange dumb arse teenage girls that drink stupid amounts, puke it all over the streets then f**kin’ Facebook it. We’re lost in a Social Psycle world where a musician is now defined as a dude who smacks some keys on his £1000 Apple Mac.
Influences: Alkaline Trio, Zebrahead, NOFX, The Offspring, Brand New, Sugarcult, The Ataris, Less Than Jake, Yellowcard, Sprung Monkey.
Check out their music at: www.nothingband.co.uk / www.youtube.com/nothingbandtv
Edited by IRONICtypo on 2 Apr 2014, 19:09
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.