- The band was founded by Lars Jensen, as a more or less Black Metal oriented band.
- The demo “Fra Fjellheimen Kaller…” was written and self-released in a few handnumbered copies.
Everything was still at an early stage, but somewhere along the road, Lars had incorporated some Viking Metal in the music.
-No guests on this demo. All music, lyrics, arrangements, instruments and vocals by Lars Jensen.
- The band started co-operating with DGF Records, and the decision to write a full-length album was made.
- The music evolved, and the Black Metal that before had dominated the band’s sound now slowly started to fade away; while folk music passages took its place.
- Lars had always been interested in local history, and this was something he decided to incorporate in Myrkgrav, by using old stories and tales from where he had grown up as an inspirational basis for the lyrics.
- The first full-length “Trollskau, Skrømt og Kølabrenning” was released October 27th.
Additional/Guest musicians on “Trollskau, Skrømt og Kølabrenning”:
* Benita Eriksdatter: Gygra (mythical being) in “Gygra & St. Olav”.
* Sindre Nedland: Clean Vocals
* Espen Hammer: Bass-guitar on “Fela Etter’n Far”, “Oppbrennerbønn”, “Olav Tryggvason”, “Tre Skygger Tel Kølabrenner’n Kom” and “Tjernet”.
Espen Hammer is the bass-player from Lumsk, and Sindre Nedland (In Vain) is the brother of Lars Are Nedland aka. Lazare from Solefald, Borknagar, Age of Silence, Ásmegin etc.
2007 - present
Lars Jensen begins the long process writing material for the band’s second album. Myrkgrav and DGF Records also part ways in 2009 on account of unfortunate business events. By now the music has further evolved in direction of folk music (through incorporating i.e. Hardanger fiddle and passages found in traditional Norwegian folk songs), though extreme metal remains dominant in the band’s core sound. Lars states that the upcoming album is likely to be the the last release Myrkgrav does, as his interest in extreme metal has mellowed considerably.
Myrkgrav released an EP titled “Sjuguttmyra” which contains two re-recorded songs and two new songs.
Politics (or rather lack thereof)
The following statement appears in the liner-notes for the “Trollskau, Skrømt og Kølabrenning” album: “Although Myrgrav’s lyrics are based around quite national-romantic subjects, I don’t give a rat’s ass about party-politics, and therefore I would prefer that none of you think Myrgrav has a political approach to any musical efforts, at all.”
Edited by Uldrekall on 31 Mar 2013, 18:21
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
- Formed in
- Founded in
- Åsa, Ringerike, Norway
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.