11. Jan. 2010, 9:35 von lillelund
9. Dez. 2009, 22:17 von crouchingotterOnce upon a time some Spam Artist decided to go around a bunch of people's Last.fm profiles and say something along the lines of "Hey! Check out Museum cos they're a proper good unsigned band!"
For some reason unknown to me I actually clicked on the link to Museum's page and I listened to Flowers And Dust, For The Very First Time, To Have Or To Be, Uncorrupted, Eden and The Law.
I immediately liked what I heard and was disappointed to learn that dispite having several thousand listeners that they were still unsigned.
Turns out though that these guys.... are from Germany.
Now, it might be because I'm British and my only exposure to German "RAWK!!!" music has been Rammstein, but I didn't have a clue that there were some German bands out there putting out excellent alternative/indie rock.
Thanks to Museum, I found Slut. Slut have strangely never been to the UK. Perhaps their name has something to do with it but having done some research it seems that "Slut"…
10. Jul. 2007, 19:53 von stine06This will be a journal I shall update whenever I find a new band or artist (thanks to Last.fm) that I dig. :)
I don't even remember HOW I found 1800s Sea Monster, but I did. And I am so happy that I did. It's raw, experimental, sometimes low quality (sound-wise), but jesus christ I dig it. Also... it's free. Yeppers. Jakob Battick (jakobbattick) said it himself, "I feel selling music is kind of a retarded concept." How can you not give someone's, who says that, music a chance?! :P
Songs I can't stop listening to over and over:
1. The King with the Iron Lung
2. Staring At The Stars / Make It To Your Party
1800s Sea Monster's Last.fm
1800s Sea Monster's Myspace
My friend called Museum a German Interpol. Though I will have to agree slightly, I mostly disagree. They have their own flavor. The beginning of Flowers And Dust really reminds me of Interpol, but that is the biggest connection that I see. …