1. Mr Brown is a German indie rock band from Hamburg, founded in August 2000. The band’s lineup has changed over the years. Current members are Daniel “Brown” (vocals/guitars), Hanni “Brown” (drums) and Jakob “Brown” (bass guitars).
In the beginning they played countless gigs in Germany, later also in Denmark, Sweden and France, which soon earned them a reputation as great live act and a talent award. In 2004 they recorded their Love Songs EP and participated in the well-known Emergenza-Contest. In 2005 they were invited to play several shows on the Vans Warped Tour in the United States and started recording their debut album which was produced by Swedish producer Ronald Bood (Mando Diao, Shout Out Louds, Sugarplum Fairy) and finally released in March 2007 under the title “It’s All Happening”.
2. Mr Brown is also a producer from Italy. Goes from electro glitch to hip hop chop.
“Mr Brown is from ‘84, but is not a dystopian novel.
Mr Brown is even his contrary.
Mr Brown reminds of you and your evil twin.
Unite frames as well as sounds. Comes from Italy but can’t stand soccer. It’s retro, mais avant-garde. Makes all this noise because is the only way to get enough tired to sleep.” His first release, the “I Dance for Money EP”, was out June 2007, on Philtre Records [http://www.philtre.com].
The remixes “We Dance For Money” have just been released (08/08) on Philtre and distributed through Kompakt mp3. Remixers include Charlie Fanclub (on Kris Menace’s Work It Baby label), Lovely Chords, NT89, Midnight Art and Voctave.
3. Mr Brown is also a Reggae band based in Austin, Texas, led by Kris Brown, also known for his guitar work with Cyril Neville of the Neville Brothers and The Meters, and Country singer, Shelley King.
4. Mr Brown was also an Indie Rock Band from Melbourne Australia who were active in the late Nineties and Early 00s. They received heavy airplay on National radio station 2JJJ.
5. Mr Brown was a very obscure progressive rock band from the seventies. They’re Swedish and they released one album “Mellan Trë Orgon” (Between Three Eyes) back in 1977 by the label “Voice Musik” and that’s pretty much all the information available about this band.
Edited by tvisnotgod on 14 Jan 2010, 06:51
Sources (view history)
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.