Takenouchi’s compositional approach often encompasses elements of progressive rock and jazz fusion, frequently making use of odd time signatures, virtuosic musical lines, syncopation and dissonance. He has cited King Crimson, Yes, Frank Zappa and Keith Emerson of Emerson, Lake & Palmer as some of his favorite musicians and influences. Even so, he is perhaps better known for his symphonic orchestral soundtracks, as heard on games such as Shining Force II: The Ancient Seal, Shining Force CD, and to a lesser extent on LandStalker: The Treasures of King Nole.
Takenouchi studied Music Composition at the Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Music, where he and fellow composer Hayato Matsuo were classmates. Around this time, he was involved with numerous music projects, including arrangement projects under the supervision of composer Koichi Sugiyama. However, he did not compose his first soundtrack (for the game Jewel Master) until after he graduated from university in 1991.
In addition to his work on video game soundtracks, Takenouchi also composed music for some of the early releases on Shinji Hosoe’s Troubadour record label. More recently in 2000, he composed and arranged the song “Shower” for Rina Chinen.
* (1991) Jewel Master (Mega Drive)
* (1992) Double Moon Densetsu (Famicom)
* (1992) LandStalker: The Treasures of King Nole (Mega Drive)
* (1992) Shining Force Gaiden (Game Gear)
* (1992) Air Combat II Special (FM Towns)
* (1993) Aguri Suzuki F-1 Super Driving (Game Boy)
* (1993) Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya (Game Gear)
* (1994) Shining Force II: Ancient Sealing (Mega Drive)
* (1994) Shining Force CD (Mega-CD)
* (1994) Road Prosecutor (Mega LD)
* (1995) Gamera: Gyaosu Gekimetsu Sakusen (Super Famicom)
* (1995) Granhistoria: Genshi Sekaiki (Super Famicom)
* (1995) Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflict (Game Gear)
* (1995) Shining Wisdom (Saturn)
* (1996) Gungriffon: The Eurasian Conflict (Saturn)
* (1996) SD Gundam Over Galaxian (PlayStation)
*(1993) G.T.R - “Gosling”
*(1993) Great Wall - “Delirhythm E-BB1”
*(1994) T·O·U·R·S - “Unparalleled”
*(1996) Cho Aniki Show II - “Sak-kwa DANCE”
*(1990) Symphonic Synth Suite “4.6 Billion Year Story” -The Theory of Evolution- (composition by Koichi Sugiyama)
*(1991) Dragon Quest ~Dai’s Great Adventure~ TV Original Soundtrack (with Hayato Matsuo, composition by Koichi Sugiyama)
*(1992) E.V.O.: Search for Eden (Super Famicom) (composition by Koichi Sugiyama)
*(1992) Symphonic Synth Suite “4.6 Billion Year Story” (composition by Koichi Sugiyama)
*(1992) LandStalker ~The Emperor’s Treasure~
*(1993) Symphonic Suite Shining Force II ~Ancient Sealing~
*(1994) Symphonic Suite the Another Story of Shining Force
*(1995) Shining Wisdom Arrange
*(1996) Gungriffon Original Soundtrack ~Arranged~
Edited by dissident93 on 6 Jul 2012, 06:17
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.