1) A US christian industrial band
2) A UK death metal band from Essex
3) A UK electronic act from Kent
4) An australian thrash metal band
Mortal is a christian industrial-band founded by Jyro Xhan and Jerome Fontamillas. They also pursued a techno influenced project called Jyradelix in San Diego, California, USA. They were a very influential band in the beginning of the 1990s.
In January of 1992 their debut album, Lusis, was released on Intense Records, the metal-division of Frontline Records. Other bands on the label were Die Happy, Tourniquet, Saviour Machine and Mortification. The style, though, was very different from the other bands. The music consisted mostly of samples and electronic sounds, something unheard of in the Christian world at that time. The album didn’t go unnoticed and won the people’s vote for ‘best new band’ at the CCM Update awards. Lusis was produced by Terry Taylor of Daniel Amos.
Currently, Jerome is a member of Switchfoot. Jyro is working for Crystal Lewis’ label Metro One Music as a producer, engineer, keyboard and guitar player for various bands.
2) A UK Death Metal band from the county of Essex in the UK. Started in 2011 by Callum Montgomery and Jim Edwards. They have released a self produced album called Ortus. http://mortal.bandcamp.com
3) Mortal were a UK electronic act from the Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells area, active in the mid 90s and originally known as Code. They featured the members Dave Mitchell, Andy Organ, Darren Till and Graham Cupples releasing one album called Deco and would eventually become the group H2SO4 around 1998.
Edited by silverlage on 21 Jun 2012, 03:34
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
- Founded in
- San Diego, California, USA
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.