1. Thåström - Kort biografi med litet testamente
- The best song from his best album (also the best album overall of 2009). A simple, yet deeply emotional telling of one's life, from cradle to grave.
2. Morrissey - You Were Good in Your Time
- Haunting and naked. And very personal. One of his best ballads in a good while.
3. Cursive - What Have I Done?
- Preferably the demo version, but in any case this could very well be Tim Kasher's best lyrics. About reviewing one's life and finding nothing but utter disappointment and failure. Sheer brilliance.
4. Kent - Vals för Satan (din vän pessimisten)
- The loss of faith is always very compelling to read and hear about. And Kent handles the subject very well.
5. Peter Doherty - Lady Don't Fall Backwards
- The best he's done since sometime around 2002 I think. This is pure romantic brilliance.
6. Conor Oberst - One of My Kind