Mooncake is sometimes compared to Pink Floyd or Mogwai but the band has made a name for itself having developed its own style and became quiet popular among connoisseurs of genre both home and abroad. Catchy melodies, atmosphere, the ideal balance between rapture and grief: all this has always been Mooncake’s distinctive feature.
Pavel Smirnov – guitars
Anton Marchenko – bass
Nikolay Bulanov – cello, keys
Vasily Yakovlev – drums
· 6 successful CD and DVD releases (1 LP, 3 EPs, acoustic DVD and remixes compilation). Second LP to be released in 2012.
· Сontracts with American, German and Chinese labels (Fluttery Records, Oxide-Tones, Pocket music) for distribution in digital and CD formats all over the world.
· Contract with VGTRK (the biggest Russian TV holding) – Mooncake’s music sounds in “My Planet” shows – popular science and travel documentary series.
· More than 100 concerts all over Russia, Baltic tour in August 2011, China tour in November 2011
· Regular shows at top Moscow clubs and festivals, performance as headliner at Uue Ajastu Festival in Estonia in August 2011.
· Joint gigs with God Is An Astronaut, Explosions In The Sky, Russian circles, Caspian
Dance performance «Who let the bird’s out?» with contemporary dance theatre association “Tsekh”.
TheSillentBallet.com - the largest resource on instrumental music - published a rapt review of Mooncake’s album “Lagrange Points” having graded it 8 points out of possible 10, noting:
“Russia has long been waiting for a band to champion over its Western competition. <…> Mooncake may be that band.”
Edited by nscellist on 24 Apr 2012, 03:23
Sources (view history)
Labels Own Description
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.