4 Jan 2015, 10:27 by furlongthedog
22 Apr 2013, 07:23 by Fatbirdsdontfly2 Many DJ’s(2x), 40 Watt Sun, 65daysofstatic (2x),
A Storm of Light, A Winged Victory for the Sullen, Acid King, Actress, Adam Green, Adept, Aderlating, Admiral Freebee (2x), Agalloch 2x, Agnes Obel,African Hitech, Ahkmed, Air, Air Traffic, Alamo Race Track, Alcest, alt-J, Altar of Plagues, Aluk Todolo, Amanda Palmer, AME, Amon Duul 2, Amon Tobin (2x), Amy Macdonald, And So I Watch You From Afar(2x), ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, Ane Brun (2x), Anna Calvi, Anouk, The Antlers, A Perfect Circle, Aphex Twin(2x), Apparat, Apparat & Band, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys(2x), Arid, armageddon; enslaved/shining, The Atomic Bitchwax (2x), Atri N'Assouf, Audioslave, Auf Der Maur (2x),
Ba!l, Babyshambles, BADBADNOTGOOD, Baikal, Balázs Pándi, Balthazar, Band of Horses(2x), Bardo Pond, Baroness(2x), Bat for Lashes, Bastard Noise, Beach House, Beaver, Beck, Belle & Sebastian,Benga, Ben Harper and Relentless7, Ben Pearce, Ben UFO, Bettie Serveert (2x)…
14 Mar 2012, 20:25 by rattlebagVoting is now open for the April LP Group listening session on Twitter. This month's theme is "Alt-Country Classics"
This will involve anyone who is interested listening to the same album on Twitter at the same time and having a bit of a discussion.
Send five votes to @Lpgrp from the list before 10pm on Friday 16th March 2012. The number only will do. You are unable to vote for an album you nominated.
Please send a Direct Message or a Mention.
Please send all of your comments to @LPGrp. This will hopefully clear the clutter from your timelines for your followers.
To follow the session search @LPGrp with a program such as Tweetdeck.
Everyone is welcome!
The session will take place at 9pm on Sunday 1st April 2012
The previous @lpgrp Sessions are as follows;
January - 'Great album' - Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
February - 'Debut' - Portisthead - Dummy
March - 'Women' - PJ Harvey - Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea
12 Jan 2012, 17:44 by leahpritchardTo replace all those lost ticket stubs and lost memories over the years, a list:
Support: Har Mar Superstar
Heineken Music Hall
Support: Iain Archer
Support: onehundredhours and Lucie Silvas
Support: Modey Lemon
Support: The Faint
Support: La Kidda
Support: Johnathan Rice
Support: Howling Bells
Support: Joe Purdy
Support: The Coral
Heineken Music Hall
Support: 2nd Place Driver
2 Jan 2011, 23:41 by danzero1. Delphic - 701 plays
2. Marina & the Diamonds - 686 plays
3. Fenech-Soler - 685 plays
4. Florence + the Machine - 659 plays
5. !!! - 605 plays
6. The xx - 604 plays
7. Yeasayer - 603 plays
8. Miike Snow - 563 plays
9. Vampire Weekend - 556 plays
10. We Have Band - 518 plays
11. Two Door Cinema Club - 511 plays
12. Miami Horror - 504 plays
13. New Young Pony Club - 501 plays
14. Groove Armada - 489 plays
15. Local Natives - 463 plays
16. Monarchy - 461 plays
17. Jónsi - 445 plays
18. Arcade Fire - 442 plays
19. Scissor Sisters - 428 plays
20. Ellie Goulding - 422 plays
21. Fanfarlo - 419 plays
22. She & Him - 416 plays
23. The Smashing Pumpkins - 415 plays
24. Caro Emerald - 414 plays
25. The Drums - 410 plays
26. Ra Ra Riot - 409 plays
27. Depeche Mode - 406 plays
28. Charlotte Gainsbourg - 404 plays
29. The Album Leaf - 365 plays
29. I Blame Coco - 365 plays
31. Hockey - 358 plays
32. Maps - 355 plays
33. Kings of Convenience - 353 plays
2 Jan 2011, 15:28 by Geert881. Rasmus Seebach - Natteravn
2. Gorillaz - Empire Ants (feat. Little Dragon)
3. Monsters of Folk - Dear God (Sincerely M.O.F.)
4. Robyn - Hang with Me
5. Jónsi - Kolniður
6. Hurts - Wonderful Life
7. The National - Conversation 16
8. Bruno Mars - Just the Way You Are
9. Arcade Fire - Ready to Start
10. Robyn - Dancing on My Own
26 Dec 2010, 14:46 by Simjobhttp://likehotcakes.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/yyys.jpg?w=150&h=150
1. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – It’s Blitz!
A pretty much unanimous Hotcakes decision, this album has dominated our listening this year. Taking on such a different sound to their early days, the trio have maturity oozing through them, whilst still maintaining the early vigour and life throughout the album.
This is one of those few brilliant records that delight the mainstream and alternative types alike. A truly beautiful collection of slow, fast, rousing and sorrowful songs, carried out by rigorously powerful instrumental work and vocals that we had no idea Karen O was capable of.
One of Hotcakes best live bands of the year also, Karen O can work a stage as well as I dream she can work… you know… other things.
2. Major Lazer – Guns Don’t Kill People… Lazers Do
A debut collaboration of epic standards that shocked eardrums all over the world. …
9 Nov 2010, 19:19 by Spotisfactionhttp://open.spotify.com/user/spotisfaction/playlist/3G0nRFIlnNsmwepHz1ULCo
1. Wilco – Wilco
2. Pink Mountaintops – The Gayest Of Sunbeams
3. Lightning Dust – Wondering What Everyone Knows
4. Florence + the Machine – Between Two Lungs
5. The Decemberists – Won’t Want For Love (Margaret In The Taiga)
6. Taken by Trees – My Boys
7. Animal Collective – Taste
8. Drummer – Feel Good Together
9. Julian Casablancas – Left & Right in the Dark
10. The Duckworth Lewis Method – The Age of Revolution
11. The Antlers – Sylvia
12. M. Ward – Epistemology
13. Monsters of Folk – Ahead Of The Curve
14. Dave Rawlings Machine – It’s Too Easy
15. The Felice Brothers – Run Chicken Run
16. The Low Anthem – Don’t Let Nobody Turn You Around
17. The Dead Weather – New Pony
18. Dan Auerbach – Mean Monsoon
19. Eels – Paradise Blues
20. Brendan Benson – Gonowhere
21. Kasabian – West Ryder Silver Bullet
Dave Christensen with his “2009″ playlist. Thanks, fella.
18 Oct 2010, 01:17 by meanmrmustardI'm going to do this about my top artists of the past 12 months to make it more interesting.
1. How did you get into 29?
There is no 29, there are two 28s, Gaslight Anthem and Black Hybrid Swan Fatigue
My sister recommended Gaslight to me, I think. I am a member of Black Hybrid Swan Fatigue.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? Fleet Foxes
Not sure, they all sound the same, haha. Probably one of the earlier singles, I guess.
3. What's your favorite lyric by 33? Led Zeppelin
"How soft your fields of green can whisper tales of gore of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords." -Immigrant Song
4. How did you get into 49? Bon Iver
I used to listen to this weirdo pseudo-last.fm radio that Yahoo.com used to have. I really liked the songs that I heard, but when I stopped using Yahoo radio I forgot about Bon Iver until about a year ago ago when everybody started talking about him.
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? The Dresden Dolls
17 Oct 2010, 22:02 by alisonespositoNotable Artists:
John Brown's Body
Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad
Donna The Buffalo
Dave Matthew's Band
Monsters of Folk (Conor Oberst, Jim James, M Ward, & Mike Mogis)
Owl City w/ Lights (GAG ME ..seriously.)
The Avett Brothers
Patty Griffin w/ Buddy Miller
Sharon Jones And The Dap Kings
Jack Johnson w/ G. Love
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
The Tallest Man on Earth w/ S. Carey and Hajen
Dr. Dog (again)
The Head and the Heart
XPoNential Music Festival - 2008
GrassRoots Festival of Music and Dance - 2008
Maysie's Farm Fest - 2010
Appel Farm Arts & Music Festival - 2010
XPoNential Music Festival - 2010