4 Mar 2008, 14:39 by ldifranza
20 Feb 2006, 07:34 by bhutanboyI had to make a mix tape for a friend and during the ensuing week, I listened to a lot of music that she requested and which I found on the net.
1. Cry me a river – Julie London
A song I was commanded to find.
2. Simplesmente – Bebel Gilberto
One of the better songs from her tepid sophomore self titled album.
3. Un Bacio A Mezzanotte - Quartetto Cetra
Found this via aurgasm. Uplifting.
4. Des armes – Noir Désir
One of my favorite tracks. The lead singer has a really good voice.
5. Ai ga bani – Ali Farka Touré & Toumani Diabaté
Nice song from Mali.
6. Mon Homme - Mistinguett
This song is featured in the movie La femme de gilles.
7. No es tan cierto - Juana Molina
Just can't get enough of her voice.
8. Datderre – Rickie Lee Jones
The only good song from her album Pop Pop.
9. I’ve got my love to keep me warm – Ella Fitzgerald
Surprisingly good. Although I think I prefer Billie Holiday's version.
10. Mes rêves de satin – Patricia French