There are at least seven bands with the same name:
1. A proto-punk / post-psych band from Cleveland, Ohio.
2. A UK electro pop group.
3. A Japanese New Wave band.
4. A Brit style rock quartet from The Netherlands.
5. A music collaboration of Micheal Cota and Benjamin Evans.
6. An Alt rock band from Des Moines, Iowa.
7. An experimental math rock group from Providence
Biographies are listed below:
1) Mirrors were a Cleveland, Ohio band that germinated in 1972 and was initially active between 1973 and 1975. The band gushed forth fetid no-commercial-potential proto-punk and avant-psych with the same kind of dark pizzazz as their heroes The Velvet Underground mustered a few years earlier. Original founding members are Jamie Klimek (guitars, vocals) and Jim Crook (guitars, theremin) joined by Paul Marotta (keyboards), Michael Weldon (drums), and either Craig Bell or Jim Jones on bass. From 1986 to 1992 Klimek and Marotta (this time playing bass) reactivated Mirrors along w/ drummer Paul Laurence. Shared members w/ electric eels, X-X, The Styrenes, Rocket From The Tombs, Pere Ubu, Saucers, etc.
2) Mirrors are a modern pop-noir electronic four-piece from Brighton, UK, who released their first single 'Look At Me' in August 2009 through Pure Groove. Next single 'Into The Heart' followed in November 2009 through Moshi Moshi Singles Club, leading to the band signing to Skint Records. They released their first album in February 2011 called 'Lights And Offerings'. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirrors_%28band%29 for more info.
3) Mirrors were a 1978 Japanese new wave band that released two 7''s titled 'Shogeki X' (1978) & 'Out Of Order' (1979). The song is featured on a Japanese compilation named Crack!.
4) MIRRORS is a Brit style rock quartet from The Netherlands. MIRRORS were founded by Bart Damen (vocals/guitar) & Wouter de Wilde (drums) and were completed by Thom de Graaf (bass) & Koen Wieringa (lead guitar).
For Greg Ashley's band please refer to The Mirrors.
5) Mirrors is the music collaboration of Micheal Cota and Benjamin Evans. Michael and Benjamin met in first year of university at Concordia, Montreal, in September 2009. A random gathering of many students in a hall of residence bedroom, hours of messing around with amplified guitars, violins, pianos, empty glass bottles and other objects, creating music. This was the beginning of a friendship and duo which would eventually become Mirrors.
The two made music everyday, composing songs and writing lyrics together for four months. Whilst developing musically, their friendship evolved in parallel, discovering similarities such as having the same birthday, same music tastes, and same university major in studio arts. They also have large differences, Michael grew up in Perth, a small town in Ontario, Canada and Benjamin in the city of Paris, France.tal
They have written and recorded a demo of their first album, "Right Now For Now". A professional recording is planned to be released in May 2010.
6) m.i.r.s. is also an alternative rock band from Des Moines, Iowa, with a dark sound influenced by instrumental rock artists such as the Red Sparowes and Explosions in the Sky. The band's songs rarely follow a simple verse-chorus song structure, as they tend to build to a crescendo with a layer of epic delay and melodic arpeggios, then leave you guessing with sudden tempo changes and heavy distortion.
In November 2010 Mirrors self-recorded their debut in a garage with borrowed equipment. These demos however only give the listener a glimpse of the live sound m.i.r.s. possess.
7) Mirrors are an experimental math rock group from Providence whose sole release thus far is the 2011 five track EP/album - The Frame, The Refraction, The Key
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.