Medusa is a new age/electronic music similar to Enigma and Deep Forest by Irek Dreger http://www.irekdreger.com/medusaen.htm
1) Medusa are a punk rock band from UK www.myspace.com/medusauk
2) Medusa, the indie/electronic band from Mumbai, who are now known as Sky Rabbit. www.last.fm/music/Sky+Rabbit
3) Medusa, an indie rock band from Finland: http://www.medusarock.net
4) MEDUSA, metal band from Melbourne, Australia : officialsite - www.medusa.au.com.
5) Medusa, power/prog band from Milton Keynes, England: www.myspace.com/thebandmedusa
6) Medusa, a women’s choir from Utrecht, The Netherlands.
7) Medusa, the 70’s NWOBHM band from England.
8) Medusa, heavy metal band from Bitola, FNRY Macedonia.
9) Medusa, leading lady of the mid & late 90s underground rap scene in LA. A member of Project
Blowed, as well as lead vocalist in group Feline Science, she was briefly signed to Goodvibe Records, through which she released an EP entitled “Do it the Way You Feel it”.
10) Medusa are a metal/thrash/hardcore band featuring members of Racebannon, from Bloomington, Indiana.
11) Medusa metal band from Montreal , Canada: official site: www.myspace.com/medusaheavymetal and www.youtube.com/medusamontreal
12) MEDUSA, Metal band from Santos-SP, Brazil Oficial site: http://www.myspace.com/medusaoficial/
1) Medusa is the new music the world has been screaming for. Having begun life as an 80’s influenced rock group in late 2006, the second album, currently in progress, promises a totally new sound and a 180 degree sonic scope- comparable to punk/grunge, dance music and everything inbetween.
In 2007, Medusa’s live appearances at venues such as Camden Underworld, Manchester Academy, M-Two, Liverpool’s Cavern Club and the Nice ‘n’ Sleazy Festival, served to prove the huge demand for a genuine rock band with unique style and wild passion.
Medusa is what the 21st century has been dying for, a voice from within promoting honesty and individuality, inciting revolution through timeless music. It’s about power, it’s about passion, it’s about fXXXing time.
2) Medusa,the progressive/industrial band from Mumbai has been creating waves in the Metal circuit since they hit the stage for the first time.
The band,with its unique industrial sound,and outstanding originals,has never left a venue unscathed and has managed to win numerous accolades,in the relatively short 1 year that they have been around.
With original compositions like Crop,Whitesign and Drip,that have made their mark as crowd favorites in their home city of Mumbai,and getting requests for them in cities where the band hasn t played before,is a just example of the sheer talent and musicality that the band holds within it s 5-member ensemble.
With influences ranging from Heavy Metal to Electronica,this is one band that is truly unique.
Raxit Tiwari :Vocals.
Siddharth Shah:Bass Guitar.
Rahul Nadkarni : Lead/ Rhythm Guitar.
Jay Rowkavi : Drums.
Noel Menezes :Keyboard.
The titles that the band has managed to gather in this short period of time,is a feat that goes unparalleled by any other band of their age.
Awarded 2nd Runners up after Medicis and Myndsnare,at Unmaad,the Rock Competition of IIM Bangalore -January, 2004.
Awarded 1st Runners up at the St. Francis Engineering college Rock competition -February,2004.
Awarded Best college band from Mumbai – Winners at the MTV Hero Honda Campus Rock Idols -September,2004.
Interviewed by All India Radio (107.1) as upcoming rock act, in July 2004.
The original composition ‘Crop’ was aired live.
Included in the Razz yearly booklet,alongside Mumbai rock veterans – Bombay Black and Vayu.
The original ‘Drip chosen for the GIR 2005 compilation album. -January,2005.
All this,in only a year since their start,and a whole lot more to come.
What sets the band apart from the others in the circuit is the fact that they concentrate on creating and improvising on originals rather than just playing covers of other bands.
The fact is rather proven by the huge fan-base the band has managed to gather.
Medusa have also released a full length album titled Advisory and their latest song Beep Off got featured on Great Indian Rock X compiliation CD which was released by RSJ Records, the in-house record label of the New Delhi based Indian Rock magazine, RSJ, i.e. Rock Street Journal.
3) MEDUSA are a metal band from Melbourne, Australia who have built up a reputation as one of the country’s premier independant artists, as well as compelling live act.
They have recieved some very favourable press both locally & internationally, including an 8/10 in a review of their debut ep “Zero Life” in Metal Hammer magazine.
The follow up debut full length album “Darker Shade of Hate” was initially independantly released, and was later repackaged for distribution by “Modern Invasion”.
The band are currently hard at work on material for their next album.
“Zero Life” (2000) - EP (5 tracks)
“Darker Shade of Hate” (2003), repackaged release (2006) - 11 tracks.
7) Medusa was an influential NWOBHM band from Worcestershire, UK, formed in 1978. The band featured Lance Perkins on guitar, and Steve Grimmett on vocals, who go on to gain fame in Chateaux, Onlsaught, and the legendary NWOBHM Melodic Metal band Grim Reaper. Medusa put out several demos and played many live shows.
Edited by anuragT on 10 Jan 2012, 14:16
Sources (view history)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.