There is more than one artist with this name:
1. Mate from London, England
2. Alberto Matesanz from Spain
3. Mate from Hungary
4. The band Mate from Poland
5. Korean indie rock band Mate.
1. Mate are an experimental Grime and Punk group formed in Kings Cross, London, England in 2013. The group consists of Som Cunningham aka Izambard (vocals, visuals and production), 梁子文 Gman Leong (synths and production) and Alessandro Salzano (drums).
For over two years Mate performed in an old abandoned pub in Kings Cross, which soon became the headquarters for their independent label Kingdome (www.kingdome.co.uk) and underground creative event; Boudica. They performed their first legal gig outside of this location, down the road at Central St Martin’s. They have been described as “…a sublime and intense mix of rap and rock. A sound reminiscent of Mike Skinner’s early stuff and Rage Against The Machine.”
The group are currently finishing their debut project “Casper” and released the first single of the same name on Kingdome Records in early 2015.
2. Mate is Alberto Matesanz, he comes from Madrid, Spain and it's part of the duo Plastic D'amour. In 2005, he released with siesta records the album 'sol de medianoche' "…the perfect record to enjoy the afterglow of pop after sunset. Mr Matesanz -somewhere between Benjamin Biolay and Gilbert O’sullivan- has well-boned songwriting skills, a sharp eye for lyric detail and an instantly recognizable vocal style. His music conveys whimsy and sentiment, it is not 'hip' sounding à la lo-fi or country at all. He has a feel for strong melodies in a quirky understated way.
The songs subsequently rely on precise arrangements, solid melodies and smart execution, neat acoustics and romantic pop roads in elastic beds of guitars. Midnight sun pop.
3. Mate is an artist from Szeged, Hungary. About me: I am a student in Hungary. I made "music" when i was very young in Impulse Tracker 2.14, but finished it for about 10 years, and in December 2005 I started to deal with music severely. My name: It's not from the English word "mate", it's from my Hungarian forename Máté, without accents.
4. Mate is a band from Zielona Góra, Poland.
5. Mate is a three piece indie rock band from Seoul, South Korea - Im Hun Eel (이헌일, on guitar), Jung Joon Eel (정준일, on keyboard) and Lee Hyun Jae (이현재, drums). They've already won several awards and write and produce all of their music.
Their début album was released on April 29th 2009.