1. There was a 90’s French pop band called Marie Antoinette. Discography (at least all that I know of):
- Superqualifragilistic compilation cassette on Lutecia Garden/Nessie records
- Toutes Ces Choses” 1992-1996 CD on Z and Zoey Records
- Musicienne 7” on Z and Zoey
2. hip-hop vocalist Marie Wright
3. dnb vocalist Marie Douglas
4. Italian acoustic/minimal rock project from Pesaro
5. There’s also a soundtrack to a film named Marie Antoinette that sometimes gets mixed up here. If this non-artist appears in your charts, please fix your tags.
The film’s soundtrack contains songs by 1980s New Wave and post-punk bands such as New Order (“Ceremony”), The Cure (“All Cats Are Grey”, “Plainsong”), Siouxsie and the Banshees (“Hong Kong Garden (With Strings Intro)”), and Bow Wow Wow (“Fools Rush In”, “Aphrodisiac” and “I Want Candy”) as well as newer material by The Strokes, Aphex Twin, Dustin O’Halloran, and The Radio Dept.
Some scenes, however, utilize Baroque music, principally composed by Jean-Philippe Rameau. Three of his pieces are in the film:
Les Indes Galantes - “1st Menuet Pour Les Guirries et les Amazones, 2nd Menuet”
Performed by William Christie & Les Arts Florissants
Courtesy of Harmonia Mundi France (P) 1991
Castor & Pollux - “Tristes apprêts, pâles flambeaux”“
Performed by Agnès Mellon (soporano) with William Christie & Les Arts Florissants
Courtesy of Harmonia Mundi France (P) 1993
Platée - “Aux langueurs d’Apollon”
Performed by Carolyn Sampson (soprano) with Jeffrey Skidmore & Ex Cathedra
Courtesy of Hyperion Records, Ltd.
The film also features “Les Barricades Mystérieuses”, composed by François Couperin.
Edited by DoctorZog on 9 Aug 2014, 21:19
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.