26 Sep 2010, 09:27 by Mr_Gren
9 Jan 2010, 09:13 by RatDayThese are my favorite albums of the decade that just ended. I'm not going to claim that these are the best or the most influential, they just mean something to me and that's that.
1. Fugazi-The Argument- This record is one of a handful ever to make me shudder with its brilliance. The songwriting here is utter perfection; my favorite album from one of my favorite bands.
2. Electric Wizard-Dopethrone- The Wizard answers the question of who will push stoner metal to its slowest and heaviest once and for all. Pure hate, pure heaviness.
3. Radiohead-Kid A- Everyone does this one, but it's so obvious. This is a legitimately great band recording their defining record. One of the few "electronic" records I can totally get behind.
4. Majority Rule-Interviews With David Frost- This album is so ass-thrashingly good. So many risks are taken, yet nothing feels out-of-place. The only problem is that it's too short!
5. City of Caterpillar-S/T- Intense, emotional, and gripping. …
24 Nov 2009, 20:23 by discobeefI work three jobs -one as a clerk at a comic book shop. My boss, Jason is a borderline conspiracy theorist who refuses to reveal his last name or age, but likes to tell me about how back in the day he was hip to Black Flag, The Plasmatics and The Vibrators but he'll also regrettably admit being into Gary Numan, Kraftwerk and other "simp shit" that he's supposedly forgotten after years and years of substance abuse.
When I work in the back storeroom I listen to music, and Jason usually has something odd to say it. Despite not knowing his age, it's obvious he's grown a little ornery over the years and the music I like "doesn't make any fucking sense" to him.
Here's a working list of some of Jason's comments. The last addition was on 1/16/12. New entries are in red.
Alela Diane - "The world's going to end soon. You know that, right? This woman's music is proof of it. …
26 Jul 2009, 03:54 by margokissy-2015-
My Bloody Valentine
Autre Ne Veut
Boris sooo gooood this time.
A Place to Bury Strangers
This Will Destroy You
The Besnard Lakes
Arms and Sleepers
The Depreciation Guild 2x
The Ruby Suns
Toro y Moi
The Big Pink
A Place to Bury Strangers
Drop the Lime
Simian Mobile Disco
The Bloody Beetroots
---Stopped seeing live music for awhile---
-2002 to 2006-
Death Cab for Cutie (though now embarrassed to say)
Welcome the Plague Year
A Life Once Lost
14 Nov 2008, 10:26 by anek_anekEmo violence seems to be one of those genres, where most of the people wishing to use it have no idea where it came from and what does it stand for. Not that it is impossible to find the answers.
Emo violence is foremost a combination of emocore and power violence. From power violence it has taken the fast part and the hardcore part, from emo the screamy vocals (no barking as in pv then) and more varied pallete of emotions – not just pissed off anger (which means, if someone feels like using the term emo violence, he should have some sense of what power violence is [Crossed Out]). I recommend to have a listen of In/Humanity and Palatka, as these are definitely the most important. From some others, End of the Century Party, Jenny Piccolo or Guyana Punch Line (Chris Bickel from In/Humanity was screaming there). All in all there were like ten bands playing the genre.
Today, due to the fact, that screamo tag is spoiled, people tend to label as emo violence harsh diy screamo bands, which no longer have the pv influences. …
22 May 2008, 21:36 by logbutto make everyone's life easier i've chosen to leave out shitty local bands (for the most part).
this is every band i've seen (that i can remember) in no order. there are some i'm not happy i've seen, but they have to be counted!
The Endless Blockade x2
Sunn O))) x3
Kill Your Idols x4
Municipal Waste x8
Anal Cunt x3
Leftover Crack x5
The World/Inferno Friendship Society x5
Caustic Christ x7
Behind Enemy Lines x2
From Ashes Rise x4
World Burns to Death x4
Severed Head of State
Good Clean Fun x3
Today Is The Day x4
Murphy's Law x5
All Out War x4
20 Mar 2008, 23:22 by buttsocketShotgun:
Wow I read the other message before this one. Look all iam gonna say is wtf is wrong with listening to hardcore music. Iam sorry I love the whole feeling of not having major labels running down ur neck to produce some shitty ass pop music. Maybe your just a smart ass psychiatrist who can analyze all of us or something. Whats wrong with listening to explosions in the sky. My friend recommended them and I haven't had too much time too check out other similar bands. So next time you want me too go listen to some justin timberlake, or mcr udnerstand that isn't my type of music so get over it. By the way I listen to many bands that are not hardcore just not as much as the bands I really enjoy.
Wow this has to be longest piece of self gratification b/s I have ever read. Look ima not gonna start any more shit with you but get your facts straight. Mcr is untalented they probably don't even wright their own music and too top it off they make sucky fake emo. …
14 Mar 2008, 07:35 by buttsocketYeah, I just wanted to make a Saetia reference.
Dear Cuts and Shotgun
I started this account to check out what I think is Cutlikedrugsx’s band (it would be entirely fitting with his character), and I’ve been watching you two and your amusing and incredibly pathetic little spat for awhile now. At first I thought you guys couldn’t possibly be serious. It had to be joke. Maybe you two were the same person pulling some kind of meta-trolling and trying to get other people involved in a fake argument. Then I realized that this is “the internetz lolzorz” and this is pretty much what the internet is for, shear assholery. And porn.
Cuts, I’m not sure if I get you. Half of everything you say makes no sense, you are incredibly self-deprecating, you perpetuate dumb internet memes to exhaustion, and you seem to indulge in irony and sarcasm. I mean what, are you actually gay or are you just saying it to provoke the other douchebags on this site? I don’t think you’re a scenester. In fact, you seem to know your shit. …
15 Dec 2007, 10:12 by playfuckingfast1. Graf Orlock - Actually, this band is terrible.
2. Charles Bronson - Listen to their discography album 3 times and it will be permanently branded into the top of your charts.
3. Converge - Jacob Bannon takes his lyrics WAAAAY too seriously.
4. The Locust - The keyboard player's voice sounds like shit.
5. Some Girls - They broke up. Assholes.
6. Pig Destroyer - Sometimes I feel like a fat metalhead when I listen to them.
7. Dead Kennedys - It's hard to sound angry when you have an outrageous gay lisp.
8. Fennesz - Listening to him makes me fall asleep.
9. Daughters - This band is probably done making good albums (I hope they prove me wrong, though)
10. Me and Him Call It Us - Every once and a while, their singer does this weird growl that sounds absolutely awful. He even did it on their latest release, which means that he hasn't realized how fucking terrible it is.
11. Black Flag - I read that Henry Rollins did a lot of acid for a few years, which is lame. Other than that, can't think of anything.
17 Jul 2006, 18:11 by convalescent87i saw someone do something like this a while back. thought it was more interesting than anything else i could do at work. so these are my top albums, in random categories.
TOP 5 ALBUMS
...that i listen to when i'm being angsty and what not.
1. Alice in Chains - Dirt
2. Quicksand - Manic Compression
3. Melvins - Ozma
4. Nirvana - Bleach
5. Ringworm - Justice Replaced By Revenge
TOP 5 ALBUMS
...that make me want to skaaaaank.
1. Goldfinger - Goldfinger
2. Leftover Crack - Fuck World Trade
3. Operation Ivy - Energy
4. Kid Dynamite - Shorter, Faster, Louder
5. Righteous Jams - Rage of Discipline
TOP 5 ALBUMS
...that i listen to when i hate girls / my girlfriend hardcore.
1. Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Silence
2. Converge - When Forever Comes Crashing
3. Majority Rule / Pg.99 - Document #12
4. Poison the Well - Distance Makes The Heart Grow Fonder
5. Neil Perry - Lineage Situation
TOP 5 ALBUMS