There are at least 7 artists with this name:
1) Even Johansen, folk pop from Norway;
2) a band who recorded the soundtrack to the 1973 film The Wicker Man;
3) Magnet, a.k.a. Lothar Hempel, is a German electronica artist.
4) 70's rock, made 1 album 'Worldwide Attraction'.
5) Magnet is only available at the compilation 'A Bugged in Selection With Erol Alkan'.
6) Magnet - made 4 allbums, the first 'Don't Be a Penguin' 1997.
7) There is one Russian group called Magnet.
1) Magnet, a.k.a Even Johansen (http://www.evenmagnet.net), hails from Askøy, Norway. His warm, melancholic songwriting draws on a range of influences from folk to country and the atmospheric electronica of Air. He has released four albums - Quiet and Still, On Your Side, The Tourniquet and The Simple Life - but is probably best known for his rendition of Bob Dylan's Lay Lady Lay (with Gemma Hayes as guest vocalist), featured on the soundtrack of the movie Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
Before going solo, Even was the lead guitarist of Norwegian indie rock band Chocolate Overdose (for the albums Everybody Likes Chocolate and Sugar Baby), and later, the lead singer of Norwegian indie rock band Libido, releasing one album, Killing Some Dead Time.
According to him, his first solo album, Quiet and Still, was a collection of songs written during the Libido period, deemed unfitting for the band.
He started using the alias Magnet before releasing his second album, On Your Side, in 2003.
In 2006, he contributed a new track, Be With You, (and three old ones, namely My Darling Curse, The Pacemaker, and Nothing Hurts Now) on an extended play CD for the game Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.
Even's fifth and latest album, Ferrofluid, was released in Norway on December 2, 2011 through iTunes and other retailers. The date of release in other countries remains under wraps.
2) Magnet were a band formed for the purpose of recording the soundtrack to the 1973 film The Wicker Man. The band were assembled by musician Gary Carpenter (the film's Associate Musical Director) to perform songs composed by New York songwriter Paul Giovanni. Originally under the moniker Lodestone, later to change to "Magnet" because of a conflict with another band, the group included Peter Brewis (recorders, jew's harp, harmonica, bass guitar, etc.), Michael Cole (concertina, harmonica, bassoon), Andrew Tompkins (guitars), Ian Cutler (violin), Bernard Murray (percussion) and finally Carpenter himself (piano, recorders, fife, ocarina, nordic lyre, Etc.). Carpenter, Brewis and Cole had recently graduated from The Royal College of Music in London and Tompkins, Cutler and Murray were all members of Carpenter's band Hocket. The band also featured Giovanni on guitar and vocals for many tracks and appeared in the film in various scenes.
Their soundtrack for the film is considered by many to be a major influence on neofolk and psych folk music.
(Taken from Wikipedia)
3. Magnet, a.k.a. Lothar Hempel, is a German electronica artist.
4. 70's rock, made 1 album 'Worldwide Attraction'.
5. Magnet is only available at the compilation 'A Bugged in Selection With Erol Alkan'.
6. Magnet - made 4 allbums, the first 'Don't Be a Penguin' 1997.
7. There is one Russian group called Magnet.