There are more than one artist with this name:
1) Baltimore folk ensemble
2) accordion based band from Madagascar
3) jazz-fusion band from Barcelona
1) Hailing from Baltimore, MD this four piece weirdo chamber folk ensemble takes you in its bipolar grip, casting spells of malaise and joy… felicity and misery. The palette is spattered with Balkan and Yiddish traditional influence, but with an original and new collective instinct. Accordion, singing saw, glockenspiel, melodica, drums, guitar and the clip clop of a melee of organic percussion couple with the echo of wordless vocals. The overall effect is hypnotizing and plays out like some sort of live action music box or the soundtrack to something at musee mechanique. Think Harry Potter in a one piece 1920's style striped bathing suit. A hazy daze maze of ice fire and Wodehouse. Past members include Walker Teret of Cass McCombs and Arbouretum.
2) In addition, there is also an accordion based band from Madagascar called Madagascar who has a very different style. Their sound shows influence from French accordion styles that have been splashed with a unique flavor. The accordion takes the main stage with the use of other instrumentation as a backdrop.
3) A 90s jazz fusion band from Barcelona. Narcís Vidal, Xavi Figuerola, David Xirgu, Guillermo Prats, Joan Albert Amargós, Joan Munné.
Note that music from the film "Madagascar" also incorrectly appears in this page. please fix your tags.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.