5 Oct 2014, 22:55 by Liquid_Ghost
27 Mar 2014, 17:49 by CapricornSun33Introduction - What is Contemporary R&B?
Is there any other genre as misleading and as badly defined as Contemporary R&B? (except for smooth jazz).
- Ask your friend or neighbor what they think of Contemporary R&B and chances he/she will say that it is nothing but "commercial music for the clubs with lots of naked chicks, bling bling and luxury/alcohol brands in the videos".
- Ask your parents and they will probably tell you it has nothing to do with the real R&B.
- Ask a stranger in the street about which Contemporary R&B they are aware of and I can bet they'll tell something like "Rihanna, Chris Brown, Jason Derülo, The Black Eyed Peas, Flo Rida, Pitbull, Lil Wayne, Justin Bieber" or maybe even "David Guetta or Lady Gaga"... :/ In other words, a mix of pop, hip-hop and dance.
A few years ago, the answer would have been pop-rappers such as Nelly or Ja Rule or people like Akon, Sean Paul and Jennifer Lopez. …
9 Oct 2010, 04:19 by timmyc1983Got this great idea from jasenc. These are the number one's on my birthday through the years... Interesting mix of songs and so many songs i've never heard of lol :)
I was born on 10th November 1983....
On my day of birth 10-11-1983:
AUS: Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
UK: Uptown Girl - Billy Joel
USA: All Night Long (All Night) - Lionel Richie
On my 1st birthday 10-11-1984:
AUS: I Just Called to Say I Love You - Stevie Wonder
UK: I Feel For You - Chaka Khan
USA: Caribbean Queen (No More Love on the Run) - Billy Ocean
On my 2nd birthday 10-11-1985:
AUS: I Got You Babe - UB40 & Chrissie Hynde
UK: A Good Heart - Feargal Sharkey
US: We Built This City - Starship
On my 3rd birthday 10-11-1986:
AUS: You're the Voice - John Farnham
UK: Take My Breath Away - Berlin
USA: Amanda - Boston
On my 4th birthday 10-11-1987:
AUS: La Bamba - Los Lobos
UK: China in Your Hand - T'Pau
USA: I Think We're Alone Now - Tiffany
On my 5th birthday 10-11-1988:
18 Jun 2010, 14:37 by Shasolace
11 Jun 2010, 03:58 by Shasolace
18 Nov 2008, 17:34 by liquidloz1. Put your music player on shuffle.
2. Press forward for each question.
3. Use the song title as the answer to the question.
4. No cheating.
What does next year have in store for me?
Baby, It's A Fact
What's my love life like?
"Yakuza Oren 1"
What do I think when I get up in the morning?
What song will I dance to at my wedding?
What do you want as a career?
Bring It On
Your favorite saying?
Poison in My Veins
What do you think of your parents?
What's your pornstar name?
Where would you go on a first date?
Please Do Not Let Me Go
Drug of choice?
The Glade Part 2
Brooklyn Is Burning
The song that best describes my school principal?
What is my state of mind like at the moment?
How will I die?
I Just Wanna Make Love to You
Your name is?
For The Innocent
How old are you?
Reminds Me of You
I am labelled what?