In 2009, Lee-Leet recorded and self-released her debut album, “State of Emergency” and took it to just one radio station: the cult Channel 3 of the Polish Radio, a trendsetting station that brought up generations of music lovers in Poland. It got played and Lee-Leet started receiving messages from her first fans congratulating her on the album. The listeners’ interest led to more airplay both in Poland and internationally.
In the spring of 2011, Lee-Leet released her second album called “Bare” where she sings about emotions using minimalistic means of expression i.e. only her voice and the piano.
On the 7th of November 2011, Lee-Leet published her latest album called “LEAVE IT BEHIND”. The new album is the third album since her debut in 2009 but the first one she arranged and recorded with her band performing Lee-Leet (voice, music, lyrics, programming, effects), Andrzej Frolow (keys), Tomasz Glinka (bass), Krzysztof Rukat (guitar), Robert Sopala (drums). Poland’s leading commercial FM rock radio station, Antyradio, provides media support of the album.
The new album which is also the title of the single and has an accompanying music video, contains 11 songs, nine in English and two in Polish. Szymon Gołąb, a music journalist, wrote in his review of Lee-Leet’s first two albums: “In the case of Lee-Leet, choosing to write lyrics in English is not a matter of just favouring the latest fashion, or seeking easy phrasing. This music emerges from a language older than speech, the language of the heart, in which the human voice tends to the whisper… What’s more, there’s an amazing fusion of styles in the way “Bare” is composed, as it takes quite remarkable artistic skill and musicality to range freely and convincingly from classical and jazz idioms to those to which we have become accustomed in the cool, somewhat gothic aesthetic of Bat for Lashes, or Tori Amos.”
Grzegorz Zembrowski, a music journalist at Channel 3 of the Polish Radio, was very positive about Lee-Leet’s honest compositions, independent of any trends: “This album is hard to classify as it doesn’t follow any trends or fashions. It doesn’t try to fit into the current ‘hot sells’ category either. No, Lee-Leet sang and played what she felt and what she wanted. We keep our fingers crossed! It looks like a great beginning” - he said commenting on “State of Emergency”.
Lee-Leet CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
• As the truely independent artist, Lee-Leet self-released three albums and two music videos over a two year period with the first album out in December 2009, the second one in March 2011 and the third one out in November 2011.
• Lee-Leet’s song “So High” was picked by Rock Band, an interactive music video game published by Harmonix Music Systems. The song went live in June 2012. The game has a fan base of millions of users worldwide.
• Lee-Leet received airplay and coverage by Polish FM radio stations from her first album until now: Channel 3 of the Polish Radio (the so called “Trójka”, a trendsetting station that brought up generations of music lovers in Poland), AntyRadio (Poland’s leading commercial FM rock radio station), Radio Euro (Channel 4 of the Polish Radio), Radio dla Ciebie, Muzyczne Radio, Radio Szczecin, and some internet radios. Internationally, Lee-Leet is receiving airplay in Holland on Ede FM and Beach Radio, in Perth in Western Australia by RTR FM, Argentina (Blur FM), Italy (Radio MB Azzurra, Italianradio), Denmark (Ringkøbing Lokalradio), Belgium (Quartz), the Netherlands (RTV9), United States (Rhythm Rave Radio), and in the United Kingdom (Tyne FM).
• Lee-Leet’s song “So High” made it to number 3 on the Polish rock charts at Antyradio in the first week of listing. As a result, Lee-Leet was mentioned in the mainstream press article “Goodbye Record Labels” that argues about the end of the era of major record labels and the onset of a new era where independent artists reach out to their audience through the Internet: “Thanks to the Internet, the independent Polish artist Lee-Leet with her hit song “So High” is winning in radio charts for the last few weeks running against artists from major record companies. This is the sign of the things to come, the future that the middlemen will find hard to accept” – from the article “Goodbye Record Labels” published in the 5-11 March 2012 edition of the Polish weekly opinion magazine “Wprost”.
• Lee-Leet obtained a Featured Artist status (on merit) on ReverbNation (Nov/Dec 2011) out of an over 1 million artists on ReverbNation globally across all genres.
• Lee-Leet was #1 on ReverbNation rock charts for the Warsaw area on 12.12.2011.
• Lee-Leet is in the fund raising mode on SELLABAND, an internet platform where fans from all over the world can invest in music they love. Anyone interested in Lee-Leet’s music is welcome to make a donation in return for the benefits described in her profile on SELLABAND.
• Lee-Leet’s music is available on iTunes and in physical distribution.
Edited by Lee-Leet on 1 Jun 2012, 14:06
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.