1. a singer songwriter, Sharon Kovacs, and her band, based in Eindhoven, The Netherlands
2. a six-piece band from Liverpool, United Kingdom
3. a band from Leeds, United Kingdom
1. Kovacs from Eindhoven, The Netherlands, is singer-songwriter, Sharon Kovacs, who signed a contract with Warner Music in 2014. She uses Kovacs as her artist’s moniker and also refers to her backing band as Kovacs. Kovacs has a soulful voice with hints of Beth Gibbons, Shirley Bassey and Edith Piaf. She is inspired by Etta James, Dinah Washington and Nina Simone. Her full-length début, Shades of Black (Spring 2015) contains a mix of ‘night club soul’, jazz and R&B.
2.Kovacs (Liverpool) are a six-piece consisting of one Canadian, one Irishman, two Brits and two Norwegians. Since their first experimental fumblings in late 2006, they have armed themselves with Megan Kovacs’ quirky compositions and set out to carve their own niche in the UK music scene. Kovacs is a band not limited to any particular genre and will appeal to anyone with a taste for music off the beaten path. Their influences range from Rachmaninov to Rufus Wainwright, from Gogol Bordello to Isis, and they are continuously expanding their musical palette.
3. Kovacs (Leeds) came about when Clodhoppa fell in love with breakbeat. After a jaded period synapses were tweaked and feet got itchy to move again when the whole ‘nuskoolbreaks’ thing happened, pushing the dancefloor in a different way. As some of the Clodhoppa tunes stepped out of the ‘chill’ arena, Kovacs stepped in. Taking the same attitudes but digitising itself and pushing up the tempo. A release on Cone Records followed, the ‘TWOCA ep’ with remixes by Platinum Mules and Wax Equestrian. Hot on the heels of that came Midnight Records. Seeing Kovacs’ deep and dirty approach to breaks they asked for remixes to compliment their deep house stylings.
Edited by Menno75 on 6 Apr 2015, 18:01
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.