3 Jan 2011, 13:40 by Food_For_Cat
14 Oct 2009, 16:37 by crimsonxdawnName your top ten artists on Last.fm.
1 Saves the Day 3,326
2 Brand New 2,823
3 The Promise Ring 1,338
4 Lemuria 1,268
5 Kite Flying Society 1,042
6 Hellogoodbye 978
7 Jimmy Eat World 956
8 Death Cab for Cutie 948
9 mewithoutYou 937
10 The Early November 884
How many times have you listened to number one?
Is this your favorite artist?
one of them. top 3 mos def.
What got you into number one?
my older brother
Why the hell have you listened to them so much?
because i love them...
Favorite songs of number one.
Jesse and my Whetstone
Sell My Old Clothes, I'm Off to Heaven
Something you think you'd thoroughly enjoy doing with the artist?
watching them play for hours
Favorite memory of the artist?
seeing them live probably. wish they would have played longer.
How many times listened to number two?
2,823 and counting
What got you into them?
Taking Back Sunday i think
What makes you like them so much?
Jesse Lacey has a wonderful voice and the lyrics are amazing
8 May 2008, 08:48 by themoob
3 Jan 2008, 08:42 by lonelytunesforgot to put this up last year:
15. Annuals - Be He Me
14. The Pipettes - We Are The Pipettes
13. Destroyer - Destroyer's Rubies
12. Ratatat - Classics
11. Ben Kweller - Ben Kweller
10. Kite Flying Society - Where is the Glow?
09. The Blow - Paper Television
08. Phoenix - It's Never Been Like That
07. Joanna Newsom - Ys
06. The Decemberists - The Crane Wife
05. Josh Ritter - The Animal Years
04. Belle & Sebastian - The Life Pursuit
03. I'm from Barcelona - We're From Barcelona
02. Math and Physics Club - Math and Physics Club
01. The Knife - Silent Shout
17 Dec 2007, 22:15 by evesummernightMy 1,2,3,4 artists have been removed for their lack of interestingness.
So, i skipped to number four...
2. Nation of Ulysses (who i'm listening to now)
3. Drive Like Jehu (who as i'm posting this, am listening to)
4. Shellac(back to Chicago)
5. June of 44 (I think i can see where i'm heading now)
6. Don Caballero
7. Faraquet(So underrated. Cut Self Not was a supreme track)
8.Burning Airlines(back to Jawbox, ish, without bill barbot)
9. Channels (at this point i realized i was cheating, and wasn't picking the first band on the list of similar artists)
10. Medications (so far everything is basically DC post-hardcore with mathy influences, i've got 3 of the 4 j. robbins bands, both faraquet bands, the major players in math rock, sans slint)
11. French Toast (what type of name is that for a band?! ex-NOU, go figure)
12. Fugazi (this is where it hurts)
13. The Evens (maybe not, Amy Farina? any relation to Geoff Farina?)
4 Jan 2007, 14:10 by MardyJBronze Age Fox (current)
The Curtains (current)
Hockey Night (current)
New Rhodes (current)
Fleeing New York (current)
BC Camplight (current)
Louise Goffin (current)
The Yards (current)
Kite Flying Society (edited/updated by some other herbert)
The CurtainsHockey NightNew RhodesFleeing New YorkBC CamplightLouise GoffinFrausdotsThe YardsKite Flying SocietyBronze Age Fox
26 Dec 2006, 14:55 by scarsandglasseshttp://cdbaby.name/k/f/kfs.jpg
10. Kite Flying Society - "Where is The Glow ?" (Self Released)
09. Raymondo - "River into Lake" (Matamore Recordings)
MP3: Tomorrow // Christmas in the sun
08. Klub des 7 - "s/t" (Vicious Circle)
07. Kaada - "Music For Moviebikers" (Ipecac Recordings)
06. Circle - "Miljard" (Ektro Records)
05. Dawn Landes - "Fireproof" (Self Released)
5 Sep 2006, 22:30 by kingadrockMy friend Grace made a list, here, and now I'm going to make a better one. Not that I'll necessarily fill all the letters, but it will have better bands on it!
A: At the Drive-In
B: Black Eyes
C: Circle Takes the Square
D: The Dillinger Escape Plan
E: Embrace/The Evens
G: Gorilla Biscuits
H: Hassan I Sabbah
I: I Wrote Haikus About Cannibalism in Your Yearbook
J: Joshua Fit for Battle
K: Kite Flying Society
L: Life at These Speeds
M: Minor Threat
N: Norma Jean yes I stole this one from Grace's list shut up
O: damn it I know I've heard of plenty of bands to fill these, why can't I remember any??
P: pg. 99
Q: Q and Not U
R: Rites of Spring
T: Tunes for Bears to Dance To
U: Usurp Synapse
W: Wow, Owls!
Ok I think that's the best I can do. It's better than I was expecting...
By the way, I make no claims to be familiar with all of these bands. But it's that or put bands that I know are crap...
30 Aug 2006, 16:45 by scarsandglassesSurely the best twee album since the "Fingers Crossed" of Architecture in Helsinki, "Where is the Glow?" of Kite Flying Society is sure underrated at the moment. This San Diego band plays xylophone, Glockenspiel, keyboards, all these nice shit we like to hear on a good pop album. Soft with multiple vocals, just what we like.
Listen to Hello June
Go to the Kite Flying Society homepage
19 Aug 2006, 07:37 by KrapsMcGeeSome of my favorites.
1. Song of Zarathustra - Science, Science
2. Amanda Woodward - La Décadence de la Décadence
3. Saetia - The Burden Of Reflecting
4. Textbook Traitors - From Counting To Calculus
5. Funeral Diner - We All Have Blood On Our Hands
6. Kite Flying Society - The Art Of Conversation
7. I Would Set Myself on Fire for You - The First Word That Comes To Mind
8. Joshua Fit for Battle - To Bring Our Own End
9. Hot Cross - Putting The Past Right
10. Daitro - Mes Chiffres
11. Orchid - I Am Nietzche
12. Portraits of Past - KQED Equals Volvo
13. Raein - Miss Kelly Dathe
14. Yaphet Kotto - First Meetings Agreement
15. pg. 99 - The Mangled Hand