There are at least five bands or artists under this name:
1. Kino - A British progressive rock band
2. Kino - A Russian post-punk band (Кино) from the 80s. The romanized version of the band's name was used on some international releases
3. Kino - A Japanese experimental band
4. KiNo - "Poet of sound and image"
5. Kino - who plays shamisen in a modern style
1. Kino is a British progressive rock band formed in 2004. KINO released their debut album Picture in February 2005, to an enthusiastic reception from an international audience, as well as attracting positive recognition from the music press.
The album combines the individual talents of John Mitchell from Arena/The Urbane/Frost*/It Bites on vocals and guitar, Pete Trewavas of Marillion on bass guitar, John Beck from It Bites on keyboards, and Chris Maitland formerly of Porcupine Tree on drums. Due to Chris Maitland's other musical commitments, KINO were joined live enhanced by It Bites' drummer Bob Dalton. The band also played many It Bites songs live, which lead to the reforming of It Bites with Mitchell as their new lead singer.
2. Kino was arguably the most important band in Russian rock. Read more about them here: Кино
3. Kino is a Japanese experimental rock band from the 80s. Members included: Kino (vocals, bass, effects), Tetsu (vocals, guitar, synthesizers), Katsuyuki Sano (alto saxophone), Norihiro Mukai (drums). Discogs
4. KiNo is a solo recording artist, maker of the concept album Map of the Universe.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.