1) Powerviolence band from Red Deer, Alberta, Canada. “Kali appeared innocuously in Red Deer, in 2008. Their location allows them to pack sweaty basements and living rooms in both Calgary and Edmonton. The sound said basements are filled with is spasmodically fast, and incredibly pissed-off. Many songs clock in at under thirty seconds, with one-minute-plus songs being considered epic. These bursts are characterized by power-chord heavy riffage, impossibly fast blast beats and really refreshing song structuring. Kali’s tunes keep the audience/listeners on their toes, with many half-intros, fake-out builds ups, and equally as many satisfying thrash-outs and delivered breakdowns. Lyrics and merch are firmly based on animal rights, prejudice stemming from ignorance, and oppression of all kinds. The spectacle that is a Kali show has become mythical, with entire rooms crowding the Mic to yell along slogans of defiance in clenched-fist-rage. A one time reunion show in mid-2012 continues to make live performances a tantalizing treat, while their entire written catalog is about to released on Pint-Sized records entitled Duress.” - Summary from http://www.pintsizedrecords.com/bands. http://kali2.bandcamp.com
2) Kali is rapper from Bratislava - Petržalka, Slovakia.
Member of group 85101.
He have out albums “Pod maskou je pravda” (2010), “Na čo čakať” (2010) with Lkama, “Konec je nový začiatok” (2012), and “Nová Krv” (2008) as group 85101.
3) Martinican reggae / folk musician (Jean-Marc Monnerville) who uses Kali as his profesional name. He was born in Fort-de-France in 1959. After music studies in Paris in the 1970s, Kali returned to Martinique, where he contributed to several local bands, including 6ème Continent (Sixth Continent), which fused the traditional folk music of Martinique with reggae. Kali later decided to pursue a solo career. In 1992 Kali represented France in Eurovision Song Contest with the song “Monté La Riviè”.
4) Popfolk singer form Bulgaria famous for her eccentric songs and dresses. Her songs are a mix of Bulgarian, Turkish, Serbian and Indian folkore melodies with Hip Hop, R’n’B, Dance, and Techno.
5) Brazilian Stoner Rock band best know for their cover of “Sangue Latino” originally done by Secos e Molhados.
6) Polish mc, member of Szybki Szmal.
7) Reggae rock band from St. Louis, Missouri.
8) Norwegian reggae DJ, selecta and producer.
9) American MC from Los Angeles, recently signed to Statik Selektah’s “Showoff” imprint.
Edited by iloveabcarrot on 14 Feb 2013, 21:25
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.