There are at least 3 artists called 'Kaleb'.
1. A Drum 'n Bass producer from Finland
2. A Heavy Metal band from the UK
3. A Folklore Orchestra from the Netherlands
1. Kalle Wahlberg a.k.a. Kaleb is a producer/dj/saxophone player and label owner from Helsinki, Finland. Kaleb first experienced the sounds of drum n' bass in 1996. A friend of his played him a mixtape by a local DJ and made him an avid fan of the genre. A few years from then, Kaleb started experimenting with music production, bought and learned to play saxophone, enrolled himself in a couple of bands and ended up playing jazz, funk and fusion. He played a handful of gigs, but soon after the turn of the third millennium Kaleb became more serious about producing and devoted more of his time into learning production techniques and making drum n' bass.
2003 saw Kaleb's first release on New York based label Phuturistic Bluez. Around the same time fellow dnb producer Champagne asked Kaleb and Physics to join him in starting a record label. After some planning and work, Midnight Sun Recordings launched. In the following years Kaleb has had his tunes released on UK based labels Defunked, Invader, Blindside, German labels BluSaphir and B.I.O.S, Finnish breaks label Exogenic Breaks, Midnight Sun and a new label - Primetime Recordings - which is run by himself and fellow finn Contour.
Kaleb's records have been in the bags of a number of well-known DJs including Bailey, Bryan G, LTJ bukem, Flight, Muffler, Cls&Wax, Unknown Error, Dieselboy etc.
2. Kaleb are also a semi-professional underground metal band from Leicestershire in the UK.
3. Another Kaleb is a Dutch folklore orchestra that has been playing music from the Balkans and beyond for over 35 years. Kaleb was founded in 1968 as an accompanying orchestra for folklore festivals.
After performing on many compilation albums they released their first cd in 2007: Kaleb.nu.
Members include Johan Baerents on accordeon, John Kamp on violin, Maja Kuijper as the lead singer, Joost Meilof on double bass, Linny van de Weyden on clarinet and Jeroen Smoorenburg playing the percussion.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.