Since arriving on the LA scene, Just Off Turner has evolved into a band that is repeatedly turning heads and consistently winning over new fans. With passionate lyrics, contagious melodies and a timeless sound, JOT is a band with universal appeal. Stellar songwriting and inspiring musicianship have led audiences to draw comparisons to artists such as Jeff Buckley, Coldplay, and Maroon 5.
After moving the group from Arkansas in 2001, founding members Bryan Mounce (lead vocals and guitar) and Eric Gustafson (drums & vocals) teamed up with Phil Metzler (keyboards & vocals) and Stephen Andrews (bass & vocals) to create their own exciting brand of soulful rock ‘n’ roll.
Grammy winner, John Mayer, personally endorsed the boys in his April 28, 2007 MySpace blog and wrote a glowing review of their song “How Much It Hurts” - Which he added to his own, personal MySpace music player.
On June 14, 2007, in addition to being a featured artist, Just Off Turner reached 3 on the Adult [Contemporary] chart and 5 on the Hit chart on Clear Channel’s NEW! Discover Music site - Also, February of 2008 found JOT’s video and interview featured on their 24|seven site.
As a result the band has won over thousands of new fans all over the world! And with recent attention Just Off Turner is receiving, fans are confident they can expect great things from their new favorite band.
• The House Of Blues - Hollywood
• The Viper Room
• The Key Club
• Hotel Cafe
• Click for a complete list of past venues
• The ABC sitcom Help Me Help You starring Ted Danson
• The E! reality show Keeping Up With The Kardashians
• Oxygen Network’s Bad Girls Club
• The season finale of MTV’s The Real World: Sydney
• MTV’s Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Gauntlet III
• The season premiere of MTV’s The Real World: Hollywood
• John Mayer’s MySpace blog (Just Off Turner)
• Music Connection (Club Review)
• Clear Channel’s 24|seven site (One Million John Mayer Fans Can’t Be Wrong)
• Mark Vet, The Music Vet (Recommended Music - Just Off Turner)
• Bayou Logic: Liner Notes (Just Off Turner: The Long Walk Back CD review)
Edited by tellingtime on 17 Jun 2008, 18:40
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
- Formed in
- Founded in
- Band Members
- Bryan Mounce (2001 - )
- Eric Gustafson (2001 - )
- Phil Metzler (2005 - )
- Stephen Andrews (2006 - )
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.