22 May 2009, 09:48 by RoiDanton
22 Mar 2009, 20:19 by kahht
20 Mar 2009, 20:07 by kahhtOkay, so it was St. Patrick's Day and also my friend Patrick's birthday (what a coincidence). Anyway, here's what was played but DJ Astroboi took over for me as I sat and watched, and pouted about being sick...
Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band - Black Waters Blowed/Engine Broke Blues
The Faint - Posed to Death
Junior Boys - Double Shadow
The Presets - Down Down Down (Digitalism Remix)
Joy Electric - Pictures of You
Depeche Mode - Shout (Rio Remix)
New Order - Crystal
The Black Ghosts - Something New
Pet Shop Boys - Love etc.
Belladonnakillz - let u go
Fixmer/McCarthy - Banging Down Your Door
Fischerspooner - The 15th (Tommie Sunshine mix)
Ladyhawke - Dusk Till Dawn
Chromeo - Bonafied Lovin' (Tough Guys)
Yellow Magic Orchestra - Day Tripper
Kasabian - Club Foot
Justice - DVNO
Battles - Atlas
Ladytron - Paco!
Bodyrox feat. Luciana - Yeah Yeah (Bodyrox Featuring Luciana
Digitalism - Echoes
29 Dec 2008, 19:49 by tastyanagram
18 Oct 2008, 04:58 by SkitzabethAn iTune shuffle sort of survey. You know the ones.
01) What's my mood like right now?
- I'm A Terrible Person by Rooney
02) How's tomorrow going to be for me?
- Save Us S.O.S. by Hot Hot Heat
03) What kind of person am I?
- Mary Ann by Regina Spektor
04) Am I loved?
- Love the Noise by Camera Can't Lie aka Forgetful Grace
I'm gonna take that as a yes.
05) How can I achieve my highest potential?
- Emotionless by Good Charlotte
I don't think that's possible for me.
06) What should I do with my life?
- Sound Effects And Overdramatic by The Used
07) Is everything really going to be alright in the end?
- Coming Home by Caedmon's Call
Aww... Yeah. It is.
08) What's my best quality?
- Temper by System of a Down
Wow. My iTunes just really thinks I'm a bitch.
09) How does my social life look?
- I Am Understood? by Relient K
Again... Strangely accurate.
10) What's the meaning of life?
- Hey Jude by The Beatles
18 Oct 2008, 01:34 by Skitzabeth1. How did you get into 29?
Hm. Good question. Probably off of a sampler CD.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?
Alien Ant Farm
Wow, I don't know. Probably Courage.
3. What’s your favorite lyric by 33?
Over the Rhine
"Was John the only dreamer?"
4. What is your favorite album by 49?
Meg & Dia
5. How many albums by 13 do you own?
6. What is your favorite song by 50?
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad?
All of them.
8. What is your favorite album by 15?
9. What is your favorite song by 5?
Hide And Seek.
10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy?
To be honest, not really.
11. What is your favorite album by 40?
12. What is your favorite song by 10?
13. What is a good memory you have involving 30?
Down and Above
Seeing them live is always a pleasure. I think I even opened for them.
15 Aug 2008, 16:24 by SirTheoryI wrote it for a message board, but felt like that was a lot of effort for just a message board, so I'm cross-posting it wherever I feel like. I was going to do facebook, til I realized I'd have to totally reformat it. So I picked here instead. All the important people are here, anyway. ;-)
So anyone 99 top albums...
... with one TBD title.
Reverse ranked (for great surprise factor)... with comments as I deem
they appear. (Commenting on all 100 would be ridiculous... but I
always enjoy writing (**english major nerd**)... so whatever.)
099. The New Pornographers - Mass Romantic
...Just like the awkward coupling on the cover, this album is a
no-holds-barred, somewhat spontaneous masterpiece. It lays the
groundwork for their following albums, while also putting some of the
best songs into the NP repertoire.
098. The Magic Numbers - The Magic Numbers
14 Jun 2008, 05:36 by dj_nekoye gods, another meme?
Post your top fifteen bands/artists, the first song you heard of theirs, the song that made you fall in love, and your current favorite.
1.Boards of Canada
First heard: Ready Lets Go
Fell in love with: A Is to B as B Is to C
Current favorite: Rodox Video
First heard: Tetsujin
Fell in love with: High Energy Protons
Current favorite: Angels And Men
First heard: Fiery Crash
Fell in love with: Imitosis
Current favorite: Fake Palindromes
First heard: Around the World
Fell in love with: Harder Better Faster Stronger
Current favorite: Face to Face / Short Circuit
First heard: The Otherly Opus
Fell in love with: The Otherly Opus
Current favorite: The Otherly Opus
6.The Chemical Brothers
First heard: Galvanize
Fell in love with: Hold Tight London
Current favorite: Battle Scars
First heard: Never Gonna Come Back Down
Fell in love with: Somnambulist
3 Jun 2008, 09:57 by sh0kr0k1.) How did you get into 30?
I don't have a #30... 2 #29's and 3 #31's :-\
2.) What was the first song you ever heard by 22?
Rain: I'M Coming feat. Tablo. I really don't like hip-hop or r&b but I'm discovering that I love it from other cultures. Maybe because they lack the "foo' I shoot u in da street, biatch!" attitude.
3.) What's your favourite lyric by 33?
I don't have a #33.
4.) What is your favourite album by 49?
I don't have a #49 either >_>;; I'm failing at this.
5.) How many albums by 13 do you own?
Combichrist: There's no telling.
6.) What is your favorite song by 50?
I don't have a #50--- okay, stop it! the last one listed is Fear Factory: "Resurrection" or "Lynch Pin"
7.) Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad?
Stratovarius: "Destiny" but it's also brilliant.
8.) What is your favourite song by 15?
JAM Project: "GONG" or "The Gate of Hell"
31 May 2008, 14:26 by RoiDanton