15 Mar 2015, 05:58 by Z_e_t_a
13 Apr 2009, 03:50 by TheWordIsLoveTHE PRETEXT:
Boredom in 7th period on a Friday turns into a time of playlist-making and general tomfoolery for young Ruby, hopeless music addict.
How about a playlist linked by titles rather than any emotional reasons? How long could that go on for? Why not test it?
1. Cherry Pie
2. American Pie
3. American Woman
4. Black Magic Woman/Gypsy Queen
5. Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves
6. The Love Thieves
7. I Believe in a Thing Called Love
8. Do you believe in magic?
9. Within You Without You
10. Without Me
11. Somebody Told Me
12. Nobody Told Me
13. Nobody Knows
14. God Only Knows
15. Build God, Then We'll Talk
16. Let's Build a Fire
17. By the Fire
18. Don't Pass Me By
19. The Pass
20. The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
21. Love Story
22. Real Love
23. Real World
24. Any Other World
....and then she ran out of time. But it's a work in progress.
18 Jun 2006, 19:19 by Ruuh_AllahOver the last few months I've spent many twilight hours just listening to music that some way or another felt appropriate to that time of the day. Finally, I've managed to distill the tracks that comprises the absolute essence of the twilight itself. So, after making some playlists and CD's, I've decided to share them. To present myself a bit of challenge, each compilation is about an hour long and the artists in it won't repeat. And, yeah, it mostly is dream pop, space rock, slowcore and/or sadcore.
Off we go.
1. Autumn's child (Rejoicing in the hands, 2004)
Somehow this strikes me as a perfect opening track, its slow, slow pace and Barnhart's whispering voice setting the mood for the whole thing. Yeah, it will be slow. Really slow.
2. Where We Start (On an Island, 2006)
Former Pink Floyd's guitarist in his latest album put on some truly great atmospheric music with this track being both the perfect continuation of both the mood and pace set by Autumn's Child.
26 Apr 2006, 16:33 by SergeantDuckieYeah, okay, so I just spent a long time filling out the whole thing, then the computer froze. So I'm going to do it again.
Rules: Put your iPod on shuffle. Press forward for each question. Use the song title as the answer to the question. No cheating!
1. How am I feeling today?:
I Must Be in Love
I guess I must be in love!
2. Will I get far in life?
With a Little Luck
Yeah, I actually sort of hate that song, but the title does fit the question well.
3. How do my friends see me?:
Holding Out For A Hero
Okay, wanna know something weird? When I did this quiz for the first time, before my computer froze, I got the exact same song.
4. When will I get Married?:
Friends to Go
When my friends go away, I guess! :D
5. What is my best friend's theme song?:
All I Wanna Do Iz Listen To Yuz
I remember, last time it was John Lennon's "My Mummy's Dead".
6. What is the story of my life?:
Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby
Haha! Yes, of course.
7. What is/was highschool like?:
22 Apr 2006, 01:37 by SergeantDuckieThis'll be fun..
1. What are you listening to right now?
Piggy in the Middle
2. What song makes you sad?
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
Anything by Josh Groban or Melissa Ethridge.
4. Your all time favorite band?
5. Your newly discovered band is?
6. Best female voice?
Y'know... I really don't listen to female artists... I guess... uh... Dido.
7. Best male voice?
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
9. What do you listen to, to hype you up?
Dance-type music. Trance-type stuff.
10. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?
Stuff like Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now?
13. Most hated band?
Dixie Chicks ... if you can call them a band. :: mutters darkly ::
14. Song that makes you think?
Across the Universe
15. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?