25 Jan 2011, 01:38 by banapaulo
15 Jan 2011, 21:29 by Berni_j1. Playground Love - Air (2000)
2. Armament - A Whisper In The Noise (2007)
3. Pyramid Song - Radiohead (2001)
4. Before a storm - Yael Deckelbaum (2008)
5. Woman Wisdom - Juliana (UK) (2001)
6. An Offering - Neurosis (2000)
7. Sparrow Falls - Woven Hand (2004)
8. Somewhere - Within Temptation (2004)
9. Birds in my backyard - Uncle's Institution (2002)
10 Citizen Erased - Muse (2001)
11. Nunca triste - Scumbucket (2002)
12. Angel Mom - Jesca Hoop (2009)
13. Mia Mera Meta - Haris Alexiou (2003)
14. To tango tis nefelis - Haris Alexiou (2006)
15. Og dagen den va sånn - Kari Bremnes (2006)
16. Not Going Anywhere - Keren Ann (2003)
17. No One Knows - Queens Of The Stone Age (2002)
18. Paranoid Skin - Scumbucket (2000)
19. Call Me In, Piccard - Ai Phoenix (2003)
20. Memories - Within Temptation (2004)
21. 2+2=5 - Radiohead (2003)
22. Girl with no name - Juliana (UK) (2004)
23. Come Another Day - Yael Deckelbaum (2009)
31 Dec 2010, 00:22 by Babs_05I imagine my friends have fallen off their chairs in shock. I promise to do one of these every year then wimp out at the enormity of the task. How on earth do you choose?!
I listened to about 500 new releases this year, not counting the ones I didn't like, so the actual figure is higher. 500 down to 10?
I saw a little sentence the other day - good music will always surface. If this is so, then all I have to do is look at what drifted to the top.
This journal is in three parts: albums I am not counting in my top 10 but deserve mention, albums that turned my head, and my top 10.
You don't mess with the masters
What's interesting about seeing your stats and charts in Last.fm is they are not always what you expect. I am maintaining a few collections, Massive Attack and Gorillaz for instance. I have both their new releases, but I didn't make the time to listen that often. …
27 Jul 2010, 18:28 by Babs_05Track: Murder Of Birds [ full stream on MySpace | Spotify ]
Artist: Jesca Hoop
Album: Hunting My Dress (2009)
Tags: ethereal, duets, guy garvey, minimal, folk, acoustic, female vocalists, my gang rotw
Video: Click the pic...
Jesca Hoop, belongs to that family of unique female artists who take inspiration from both Kate Bush and Björk. Her contemporaries are diverse, from Lady Gaga to Soap&Skin, taking in Fever Ray and Róisín Murphy along the way; women of ingenuity, high creativity and a strong sense of drama and theatre. Defying general description, their true genre is sui generis. Ladies in a league of their own.
Former nanny to Tom Waits's children, Waits says, “Her music is like going swimming in a lake at night.” We learned this on the release of her debut album, Kismet, in 2007. Her own kismet saw her share the stage over the next few years with Polyphonic Spree…
24 Jul 2010, 00:34 by tenoftears
28 Jun 2010, 14:47 by Babs_05The idea is for a journal for every month listing new albums I listen to and what I think so that when I review the year's music in December, I will have a handy reminder. I will add to this as the month goes on. Suggestions welcome.
Play the radio: My Gang Featured Albums 10 http://static.last.fm/matt/tinyradio.gif
January 2010 | February 2010 | March 2010 | April 2010 | May 2010 | June 2010
w/c Mon 28 June:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51gCEn5jVBL._SL160_AA115_.jpg The Morning Benders - Big Echo
Released months ago in the States, I had to wait for the UK release before I could hear it. Incredible buzz around this album. Couldn't wait to hear it. And when I did, my first reaction was that of disappointment. Stayed with it and after a few songs, really got into it. Look forward to getting to know it better. My favourite - Pleasure Sighs - for its Cocteau Twins dreaminess and shimmering guitars.
We7 | Spotify | MySpace