23 Dec 2010, 19:52 by GlaucioMenezes
19 Dec 2010, 17:45 by airfigaroEvery year is a great year in music. New artists, new releases from favorite artists, and the trill of discovering new artists. This year, with my subscription to mog.com, I was able to access and hear more albums (new and old), than I ever had before. This made the task of choosing a "best of" list even more difficult. In the past I carefully screened and sampled albums before purchasing them, leaving many albums unheard in their entirety.
So here it goes, my favorite albums. I felt I had to put them in order, but I know that it the order might change over time. But this is how I feel at years end.
1. Joanna Newsom - Have One on Me
2. Menomena - Mines
3. The National - High Violet
4. Local Natives - Gorilla Manor
5. Janelle Monáe - The ArchAndroid
6. Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record
7. Beach House - Teen Dream
8. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
9. Superchunk - Majesty Shredding
10. Laura Veirs - July Flame
11. Owen Pallett - Heartland
12. Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest