But first, my top 5 albums from 2010, after having an extra years worth of time to fully digest them.
1) Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape
2) Pain of Salvation - Road Salt One
3) Soilwork - The Panic Broadcast
4) Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time
5) Kamelot - Poetry for the Poisoned
Amaranthe - Amaranthe: An almost sickeningly catchy album from the Swedish power/melodic death metal outfit Amaranthe. Every single freaking song stays in your head. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.
Cormorant - Dwellings: The independently-released 2nd album from San Francisco's progressive death / tiberian ass bastard folk metallers Cormorant should intrigue you enough musically to keep you along for the ride, and will no doubt leave you longing for more. That's what Metazoa is for, though!