There are mutliple artists with this name:
1) Infest was an influential American hardcore punk band, formed in Valencia, CA, suburb of Los Angeles, from 1986 to 1996. They were instrumental in pioneering powerviolence, a musical cross-breeding of hardcore and youth-crew. Members were Joe Denunzio (vocals), Matt Domino (guitar), Dave Ring (bass) and Chris Clift (drums).
The band , while not coining the term powerviolence, were definitely pioneers of it. The Los Angeles quartet blended the ethos, speed and song structure of hardcore, along with the aggression and anger of bands like Negative Approach and Negative FX creating a style emulated by many and an energy captured by few. Joe Denunzio’s vocals exhibited pure angst, with lyrical content about conformity, war, scene politics and socio-political issues, mostly delivered in an accusation assault.
They did however differ from their peers in their fervent political stance and imagery, often depicting the tragedies of war and poverty, countering the obligatory "band in action" album covers common to the era. When asked about the hardcore scene Matt Domino said, "I think Hard Stance rips it up and Chain of Strength are cool, but Insted and Breakaway are pretty cheesy. It seems most hardcore bands are going for a polished sound and package, we are really not into that." On the contrary, Infest's sound was fuzzy and on many of the early recordings indecipherable, but still captured their raw intensity.
On July 1, 1991, Infest recorded a live set for the Los Angeles radio station KXLU, capturing them in their element. This session was later released by Deep Six Records who also released the No Man's Slave LP. The vocals on No Man's Slave where recorded posthumously. Many Infest bootlegs have been made and are highly sought after by fans.
2) Infest are a Serbian deathrash metal band. They have released their debut full length album Anger Will Remain in 2006. After a few line up changes they released new album called Onward to destroy in 2009. On this album they have two guest vocals.One is Aad Kloosterwaard from Sinister and he appeared on song called "Screaming From Within", and the other is Glad from Serbian black metal band May Result on "Krstu Je Kraj", the only Infest song recorded in Serbian language. Also one song on new album is written by songwriter of Vader, Harry Maat, called "A Sickness Named Religion". More information at their official MySpace page.
3) Infest is a deathgrind band from Spain.
4) Infest is a french group from Pia. That play brutal death Metal. They Formed in 1989 inthe height of the death metal scene and quickly disapeared with a mere climpse at their terror on one sole demo.
5) Infest is a french asset from Bayonne. Forming in 2003, Infest play very hard thought death Metal and grindcore style. With lyrical content being mostly about satan, gor and death. The band has released their first full length album 'Feel the Rage' in 2007 under the label Deadsun/Hurricane Entertainment.
6) Infest is a french band from Nord-Pas-De-Calais. Forming in 1990, releasing a couple demos and having success in their area, before disapearing. Maybe changing their name.
7) Infest was a one man and guest band from Poland, Boleslawiec. Which played Thrash Metal and Death Metal. They split up around 1995.
8) Infest is a new hc/punk band from Poland. Official Myspace
9) Infest Infest is also the name of a dutch leftfield drum 'n bass producer.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.