1. A rock band from the United States
2. A punk band from Poland
1. Hurt (sometimes typeset as HURT) is a rock band formed in 2000 in Virginia, now located in St. Louis, Missouri, United States. Currently signed to Carved Records, the band has released three major label albums, with the fourth, The Crux, released on May 1, 2012. The group consists of lead singer J. Loren Wince, guitarist Michael Roberts, bassist Rek Mohr, and drummer Victor Ribas.
The band first released the independent albums Hurt in 2000 and The Consumation in 2003. Many of the songs from these albums found their way onto their first two major label releases, and The Consumation was re-mastered as The Re-Consumation in 2008. The band received critical (though not commercial) success with their major label debut album, Vol. 1, released on March 21, 2006. Their singles “Rapture” and “Falls Apart” gained minor radio airplay on rock stations throughout United States. Their second album was the critically acclaimed Vol. II, released on September 25, 2007, and they gained their largest radio rock hit yet with the single “Ten Ton Brick.”
HURT released their fifth studio album on April 7, 2009, titled Goodbye to the Machine.
On November 5, 2009 Rek Mohr posted on Hurt’s Twitter that the band had started writing again, presumably on their sixth studio album. A Facebook update in November 2010 hinted that the band has entered the studio to begin recording. On May 1, 2012, the album The Crux was released on Carved Records.
2. Hurt formed in Wrocław, Poland and debuted in 1994 with a tape titled “Babilon”. In 1997 they released themselves a live album “Serki dietetyczne”. At that time they where a little known, some would say underground band. All started to change when the biggest independent label in Poland got interested in them and so came the cd for SP Records called “Musisz to kupić” (1999). After that record the band got their first drummer- before that they played with automatic percussion. You can still hear it in their style.
After that follwed another cd “Dokładny czas”. (2000)
Then the group stoppted touring for a while and almost put an end to it’s existence. However, after some personnal changes they’ve came back in 2005 with “Czat” contaning the hit “Załoga G” and started touring more then usual. In summer 2006 Hurt made a tour togther with happysad.
- Babilon (1994)
- Serki Dietetyczne (1997, album from a concert)
- Musisz to kupić (1999)
- Dokładny Czas (2000)
- Babilon. Serki Dietetyczne (2003)
- Czat (2005)
- Maciej Kurowicki - vocal
- Sid Motkowic - guitar
- Smoła - bass
- Zmazik - drums
- Agim - keyboards
- Niedźwiedź - menager, vocal
Edited by IRONICtypo on 10 Dec 2012, 03:53
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.