Himzo Polovina (1927-1986, Mostar, Bosnia-Herzegovina) was a Bosnian psychiatrist, most famous for collecting and performing sevdalinka songs.
Many consider him to be the most prominent sevdalinka collector and interpreter of all times. His approach contributed to sevdalinka promotion as well as its recognition as authentic music heritage of the Bosniaks. His deep understanding and knowledge remains of high value for sevdalinka as well as for the entire Bosnian culture.
Thanks to late Himzo Polovina many forgotten songs were preserved and promoted by him in the same time. Those include:
* Dvore gradi Komadina Mujo (Stout Mujo builds a castle)
* Čudna jada od Mostara grada (Strange pain from the city of Mostar)
* Ikindija, sunce zalazaše (Ikindija, the sun was setting)
* Poletjela dva goluba (Two pigeons flew away)
* Jutros prođoh kroz čaršiju (I passed through the town this morning)
* Voljelo se dvoje mladih (Two young ones loved one another)
* Otvor' vrata od hamama (Open the door to the bath)
* Poljem se vija Hajdar delija (Valiant Hajdar dashes down the field)
* Mila majko šalji me na vodu (Dear mother, send me to the water)
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.