Brighton (UK) based 5-piece that formed out of nu-metal band Imprint.
Leander Gloversmith - vocals
Russell Kirby - lead guitar
Stacey Pottinger - bass
Stan Kirby - guitar
Ian Walls - drums 2002 - 2004
Ryan Say - drums 2004 - 2006
Released 3 E.P's via indie labels Big Scary Monsters and Fuzzbox between 2002 and 2003, and toured the UK a number of times with Mad Capsule Markets, The Reunion Show, Boysetsfire, Atreyu, Mahumodo and Dury Falls.
Switched drummers in 2004 just before a tour with Christiansen and signed to Mighty Atom Records. Released a full length debut album titled 'The Torino Scale' in 2004 and toured with Alexisonfire, The Bled, Hondo Maclean and Hollywood Ending. The album was rush recorded and badly received. Hiding With Girls released one more single, 'Shortround' in 2004 before unofficially disbanding and reforming under the name District in early 2005.
The band recorded and released their second album "Great Exit Lines" in July 2006 via Golf Records and toured Europe with Hawthorne Heights but disbanded entirely shortly afterwards.
- Marty McFly - CD Single - limited to 500 - Big Scary Monsters 2002
- The Gaps in Sound are for Legal Reasons - CD EP - Big Scary Monsters 2003
- The Stars Cascade - 7" Vinyl limited to 200 - Alaska Recordings 2003
- Cassette - CD Single - Fuzzbox 2003
- The Torino Scale - CD album (limited edition DVD) - Mighty Atom Records 2004
- Shortround - CD Single - Mighty Atom 2004
- Great Exit Lines - CD album released under the band name 'District' - Golf Records 2006
Where are they now?
Leander is now the manager and publicist for UK bands Architects, Your Demise, Lower Than Atlantis and Canadian band A Textbook Tragedy. He also co-wrote & co-presented the show Rockjaw on Rockworld TV from 2006 - 2007.
Second drummer Ryan Say is now playing in experimental indie band The Forest & The Fire.
The remainder of Hiding With Girls/ District have retired from music.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.