You are viewing an old version of this wiki. View the latest version.
Hex may refer to one of several bands:
1) UK 80's anarcho punk band similar to dark moody sound of the anarcho bands like The Mob or Zounds
2) The collaboration between multi-instrumentalist, lyricist, producer Steve Kilbey, better known as singer, frontman and bassplayer in The Church, and singer, musician Donnette Thayer, formerly from californian band Game Theory.
They released 2 albums:
*Vast Halos (1990)
Check out Hex in the left menu, for detailed info on all releases and the song lyrics, in the side-project section of the online discography of The Church.
Hex is a Slovak pop rock group, founded in [1989in Bratislava with Peter Ďuďo Dudák (vocals, guitar, keyboards), Thomas Yxo Dohňanský (bass guitar, vocals), Jozef Joshka Juřička (keyboards), Peter Slameň (percussion ) Martin Fefe Žúži (guitar).http://www.hex.sk/
The group became known to the media after it took producer Martin Sarvas and the issue maxisinglu song "Good Butterfly" in music publishing Monitor EMI, which has become, along with video clips thanks to its hranosti first hit in the media group.
Skupina začala byť mediálne známa po tom ako sa jej ujal producent Martin Sarvaš a po vydaní maxisinglu piesne "Dobrý motýľ" u hudobného vydavateľstva Monitor EMI , ktorý sa stal spolu s videoklipom vďaka svojej hranosti v médiách prvým hitom skupiny.
* Peter "Ďuďo" Dudák - spev, gitara, klávesy Peter "Dudo" piper - vocals, guitar, keyboards
* Tomáš "Yxo" Dohňanský - basa Tomas' Yxo "Dohňanský - basa
* Martin "Fefe" Žúži - sólo gitara, texty Martin "Fefe" narrow - solo guitar, lyrics
* Tibor "Tybyke" Szabados - bicie, vokály Tibor "Tybyke" Szabados - drums, vocals
* Martin Čorej - klávesy Martin Čorej - keyboards
* Jožko Juríčka - klávesy Joshka Juřička - keyboards
Diskografia /] Discography
Albumy / Albums
* Ježiš Kristus nosí krátke nohavice (október 1992) Jesus Christ wearing shorts (October 1992)
* Abrakadabra (september 1993) - EP album coveverzií slovenských hitov z rokov 1968-69 Abrakadabra (September 1993) - EP album coveverzií Slovak hits from the years 1968-69
* Hex (december 1994) Hex (December 1994)
* Ultrapop (máj 1997) Ultrapop (May 1997)
* Supermarket (apríl 1999) Supermarket (April 1999)
* Víkend (november 2002) Weekend (November 2002)
* Nikdy nebolo lepšie (máj 2006) Never Been Better (May 2006)
Výbery a kompilácie/Withdrawals and compilations
* Všetko čo mám rád (2000) All what I like (2000)
* Hex 1990 - 1995 (2006) Hex 1990 - 1995 (2006)
* Hex 1996 - 2000 (2006) Hex 1996 - 2000 (2006)
* Cesta z mesta (2007) Traveling from the City (2007)
3. Hex is also the name of a underground artist from Pennsylvania and former member of L.U Cipha
4. Chaotic hardcore five-piece hailing from Peterborough, UK. Having formed in 2008 and released several demos alongside a self-titled debut EP followed by a second EP entitled 'Left Hand Path', Hex have firmly established themselves as a top contender in the UK hardcore scene having already supported bands such as This Is Hell, Grave Maker, Outbreak, The Legacy, Gold Kids, etc. with crushingly dark riffs accompanied by harsh, aggressive vocals to complete a powerful and energetic performance.
Having released 'Left Hand Path' and first music video, for 'Leviathan', Sam Gollings left the band to concentrate on his education, to which Hex recruited ex-Shores bassit, Luke Porter, to fill his role, bringing with him passion, experience and a brand new fanbase. With this, Hex had a defined line-up and began to play shows to a wider audience and around the UK.
24th June 2010 saw Hex self-release their debut album, 'Be Cold, Be Dark, Be Damned', and second music video for their song 'Sore', created, released and promoted by Creative Junkie Media.
Ben Rollings - Vocals
Stephen Pickles - Guitar
Luke Porter - Guitar
Sam Holmes - Bass
Karl Pickles - Drums
Former members are:
Mark Breed - Bass
Sam Gollings - Guitar
5. A Drum & Bass duo from the UK:
Hex is Robert Pepperell & Miles Visman.
Discography at Discogs
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.