Heidevolk is a band which distinguishes itself by its unique style that, amongst other things, is a mixture of:
• Bombastic vocals in Dutch;
• Influences from folk music;
• Early-medieval/pagan stage-act;
• Alternating slow & fast rhythms;
• Lyrics about the history of paganism in the Netherlands, the Dutch province Gelderland, and the band’s love for nature.
Wherever Heidevolk goes, there will be pleasure. The ambiance of a performance by this band can be described as men sitting around a long wooden table with an abundance of beer, meat, and beautiful women. Heidevolk is non-political and non-religious (naturally that means Heidevolk also excludes Satanism and Christianity).
Heidevolk current line-up consists of:
• Vocals - Boghtdrinker [ ”Booze drinker” ]
• Vocals - Splintervuyscht [ ”Splinter-fist” ] - also in Negationist and The Ruins Of Isenburg
• Guitar - Bloeddorst [ ”Blood thirst” ] - also in Chariovalda
• Guitar - Bomenbreker [ ”Tree breaker” ] - also in Thronar
• Violins - Speervrouw [ ”Spear woman” ] - also in Chariovalda
• Drums - Vellenknotscher [ ”Skinsbasher” ] - also in Autumnal Reaper, ex-Thronar and Bolthorn
• Bass - Roodbaert [ ”Red-beard” ] - also in Bolthorn
More information can be found at their official website ♫ http://www.heidevolk.com.
Edited by Teun666 on 1 May 2012, 14:05
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
- Formed in
- Founded in
- Arnhem, The Netherlands
- Band Members
- Boghtdrinker (2002 - )
- Splintervuyscht (2005 - )
- Bloeddorst (2002 - )
- Bomenbreker (2005 - )
- Speervrouw (2008 - )
- Vellenknotscher (2002 - )
- Roodbaert (2006 - )
- Official Website
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.