1) Harbinger is a band formed in 1997 in Berkeley, California featuring three prominent members from the East Bay punk scene: Robert Eggplant (vocals/guitar), formerly of Blatz, The Hope Bombs, and editor of the zine Absolutely Zippo, Aaron Cometbus (drums), founding member of Crimpshrine and author of legendary punk zine Cometbus, John Geek (bass/vocals) of Fleshies and the S.P.A.M. Records collective.
Harbinger has performed at Geekfest and numerous other venues.
In 2005 they released a 10-song LP on Riisk entitled Challenging The Prevailing Judeo-Christian Doomsday Mentality. The songs were recorded by Kevin Army in 2001.
2) Harbinger was the name used by cult psych folk maestro Dave Bixby to release his second album Second Coming.
Recorded at the same sessions in the late 60s/early 70s as his album Ode To Quetzalcoatl, it remained almost unheard until 2009, when both albums were reissued by Guerssen records of Spain.
3) Harbinger is a modern speed-metal band from Michigan, US. They released their first full-length album in 2009 through Planet Metal records entitled “Doom on You”.
More information can be found at their official website: www.myspace.com/harbingermetal
4) Harbinger is a progressive-rock quartet formed in the depths of middle Tennessee. Their debut album, The Incoming Outcome, embarks the listener on a sonic journey through time and space, taking one places books can not. Ear drums will rupture and eyes will moisten at the sight and sound of The Incoming Outcome. Musical greats such as Eric Klaptone, Rob Dylan, and Jim Hendrick highly recommend this stunning debut masterpiece. Harbinger sets a new precedent, composing songs with no regard to time constraints or the traditional strophic form. The Incoming Outcome’s unified song cycle bridges the gap from heavy and dissonant to melodic and memorable.
For tour dates and media visit:
5) Harbinger is a hardcore/metal/thrash band from West Palm Beach, Florida, in the vein of Sworn Enemy, Madball, Merauder, All Out War.
Edited by samxgodfree on 30 Oct 2011, 07:53
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.