- Mekons, Robbie Fulks – Stromness Town Hall, Stromness, 16-Aug-2014
- The Vulgar Boatmen, The Purcells – Schubas Tavern, Chicago, IL, 11-Jan-2014
- The Hold Steady, Cheerleader – Bush Hall, Shepherds Bush, 5-May-2014
- Neutral Milk Hotel, Laetitia Sadier – Roundhouse, Camden, 21-May-2014
- The Nightingales, Ted Chippington, Kepler, Motor Tapes – The Portland Arms, Cambridge, 16-Apr-2014
- James McMurtry, Jon Dee Graham, The Painted Redstarts – The Continental Club, Austin, TX, 1-Jan-2014
- Pearl Jam, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, OFF! – The National Bowl, Milton Keynes, 11-Jul-2014
- Black Sabbath, Soundgarden, Wolfmother, Motörhead, Faith No More, Soulfly, Gallows, Hell – Hyde Park, 4-Jul-2014
- Dave & Phil Alvin, Sugar Magnolia – Islington Assembly Hall, Islington, 24-Oct-2014
24 Dec 2014, 12:17 by JackWI attended 206 gigs this year, up 15 from last year and an average of a gig every 1.8 days. I've watched approximately 414 distinct band/artists. The best of these (so far) were:
20 Oct 2014, 00:39 by KurtBell
28 Dec 2012, 21:38 by imoutis
25 Aug 2007, 06:01 by moikhttp://www.filmsofcrawford.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/3171888.jpg
You've heard the song by Sonic Youth. You may have even seen the movie. Well, I took it a step further and read the book.
Well, okay, it was a book on CD from the library - same thing.
Anyway, I thought I knew the story from the movie, which I had seen about fifteen years ago . . . the wife killed the guy and Fred McMurray was an insurance adjuster she seduced to get the money.
Well that wasn't it at all. I had it mixed up with some other film noire. Mildred Pierce was completely different.
But it was a pretty good book.
I'm training for a marathon right now, and I was worried; last weekend I was supposed to do a really long training run (eighteen miles), and as I was driving up to the trailhead, listening to the final chapter of Mildred Pierce, I was wondering if I was going to make it.
I put my ipod shuffle on (set to random) and the first song was none other than Mildred Pierce. …
2 May 2007, 17:14 by CylobHow was 1979 for you? This is how it was for us...
100 GREAT ALBUMS OF 1979!
Compiled at MAC.
AC/DC - Highway To Hell
Adam and the Ants - Dirk Wears White Sox
The Alan Parsons Project - Eve
Art Bears - Winter Songs
The B-52's - The B-52's
The Bee Gees - Spirits having Flown
The Birthday Party - Hee Haw EP
Black Devil - Disco Club
Blondie - Eat to the Beat
Bob Dylan - Slow Train Coming
Bob Marley & The Wailers - Survival
Buzzcocks - A Different Kind of Tension
Buzzcocks - Singles Going Steady
Cabaret Voltaire - Mix-up
The Cars - Candy-O
Chic - Risque
Chrome - Half Machine Lip Moves
The Clash – London Calling
Cluster - Grosses Wasser
The Cure - Three Imaginary Boys
The Damned - Machine Gun Etiquette
David Bowie - Lodger
Devo - Duty Now for the Future
Elvis Costello and the Attractions - Armed Forces
The Fall - Live At The Witch Trials
The Fall - Dragnet