1) an American indie rock band from San Francisco featuring Christopher Owens formed in 2007
2) a 70s all-female rock band from Japan
3) a swedish synthpop/disco band featuring Paul Rein
4) a 70s American West Coast punk band associated with The Screamers
1) In 2006, Christopher Owens, Liza Thorn, Ryan Lynch (from Dominant Legs) began a music project called Curls, which dissolved itself when Liza decided to focus more on her new band, BRIDEZ. Not to be dissuaded, Owens recruited San Francisco’s infamous ladykiller Chet “JR” White to join him and changed the band’s name to Girls.
Owens was formerly a member of Holy Shit with Ariel Pink. Being raised in a cult where “pop music was banned, women sold themselves for sex and several members were driven to suicide… the Girls’ singer’s life seems to have been a blur of prescription drugs (fentanyl patches are his favourite), punk rock shows and art happenings.” (NME) All of which has deeply inspired and informed the music the band make.
Their debut, ‘Album’ was released in September 2009, through True Panther Sounds and has received wide critical acclaim - notably from NME, in the UK.
Two of their songs have been made available as free downloads via RCRD LBL: http://rcrdlbl.com/artists/Girls/music
In 2012, Christopher announced on his Twitter account that he was leaving the band for personal reasons.
2) GIRLS (ガールズ) was a 70s all-female rock band from Japan.
3) A swedish synthpop/disco band featuring Paul Rein.
4) Girls were a 70s American West Coast punk band associated with The Screamers’ members Pam Lillig and Ben Witz…
Edited by deadthancoolkc on 12 Feb 2013, 21:49
Sources (view history)
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.