A classical musician by training, Freudmann earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Cello Performance from the University of Connecticut. Since that time, Freudmann has distinguished himself as one of New England’s finest solo cross-genre cellists, performing in literally hundreds of venues throughout the United States, including a featured performance at the New Directions Cello Festival in New York. His solo CDs featuring exclusively original songs and lyrics have received international distribution, extensive national and international airplay and glowing critical reviews.
Freudmann has held several artistic residencies including the University of Connecticut, James Madison University, Ithaca Violoncello Institute and others, and has performed in dozens of colleges and universities in the country. Freudmann has been featured as a guest musician on an eclectic array of folk and rock CDs, and his innovative sounds have been commissioned for video, film and dance soundtracks. Among his non-classical influences, Freudmann cites the Kronos Quartet, Turtle Island String Quartet, Penguin Cafe Orchestra, guitarist Leo Kottke, and the many jazz and blues greats of this century.
- Recorded and produced 12 CDs of original CelloBop music
- Interviewed on NPR’s Weekend Edition
- Music used on All Things Considered, Car Talk, This American Life, Dr Dimento, Good Morning America
- Featured at Montreal International Jazz Festival, Jazz Festival of Prague, and New Directions Cello Festival
- Composed Live Soundtrack for Silent Films (latest CD is soundtrack to The Cabinet of Dr Caligari).
- Opened for Richard Thompson, Rhode Island Philharmonic, They Might Be Giants, Loudon Wainwright, Jonathan Richman, Dan Zanes, Dan Hicks, Phish…
- Performed throughout US, Canada and in Czech Republic
- Wrote Tunebook for Cello and composed several String Ensembles
- Held artist-in-residencies at universities in MA, CT, WA, VA, GA, KS, NY, TX
Edited by chanti72 on 3 Jan 2008, 21:42
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.