If you've been on the website for five minutes, you've probably seen something like this before.
The irony contained herein is that I rarely pay any attention at all to lyrics until I am fully acquainted with the musical structure and rhythmic workings of a song. But here you go - you ought to know how this goes by now, 40 songs that came up on shuffle, I'll provide the first lyric and a list of artists (one song each) and you guess the songs. Italic lyrics are guessed lyrics.
1. On candy-stripe legs the spider-man comes, softly through the shadow of the evening sun. Lullaby
2. Wear the grudge like a crown of negativity; calculate what we will or will not tolerate. The Grudge
3. You don't have a clue what it is like to be next to you.
4. So if that was a response, then you can call this reaction.
5. Slow down, this is slipping through my mind, this conversation has run out of time. F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.