There are multiple artists with this name:
1) Black Metal band from Russia.
2) Psychedelic folk rock band from the UK.
3) A Doujinshi Circle from Japan.
4) A Hip-Hop artist from the USA.
5) Black Metal band from the Czech Republic.
6) Alternative rock band from Cambridge, UK.
7) Black Metal band from Poland
1) Forest is a black metal band born in 1994 as a project of Kaldrad (Branikald) and Dagorath, the leader of another horde from Blazebirth Hall called Rundagor (long dead now). The concept of Forest was born after Kaldrad’s and Dagorath’s journey into the old woods where the long forgotten sacrificial places, forest temples and burial mounds of ancient Slaws were situated. The unique atmosphere of these haunted woods, the ghosts of the past channeled the inspiration into the hearts and minds of Forest creators and right after the return from this journey, in the Autumn of 1994 the debut reh. demo of Forest was composed and recorded in intuitive and spontaneous way. It has very strange sound and 2 of 4 songs were not Black Metal, but some weird folkish ambiental compositions on guitars. It was recorded only for close comrades and allies and never widely spread, although one track from this rehearsal, called “Winter Howl” is included to their later demo ‘96 “Forest” in original version, another song from ‘94, called “Like a Shade Upon This Land” is also included to Forest “Forest”, but in re-recoded form (1996).
Up from those days, Forest could be characterized as the Norse-styled black metal, combining the rawest aggression, great Darkthrone-ish melodicism, Isengard-like clean vocals and splendid unique atmosphere. After the rehearsal tape ‘94 and “Forest” album ‘96, another album “Like a Blaze above the Ashes” ‘97 was recorded in the same line-up, and on the next work “Foredooming the Hope to Eternity” ‘98 Ulv Gegner of Raven Dark joined Forest project. Few months later Dagorath of Rundagor (RIP) left everything he was involved in past: all the radical and ideological activities, BM scene and so on. Later, after the terror-campaign waged on Dagorath by two remained FOREST members and their allies, he was forced to escape from the town where he lived, and now his whereabouts are unknown, as well as no one knows if he is still alive or not at all.
After all these happenings, in 1999, old session drummer Wizard was fired and Forest was reinforced with the new skinsman Ransverdi - and they’ve recorded 4th work entitled “As a Song in the Harvest of Grief”, which is another full-length album. In 2000 Forest transforms into Varglodr. During year 2000 Varglodr recorded 2 full-length works - “When Only Dust, Ashes and the Fornicated Earth is Left Behind…” and “To the Flame of the New Day”. Varglodr drowns in yet the rawer and even more aggressive mood when compared to the Forest, since now completely devoid of the clean vocals and with severed melodism. Since early 2000 time the drummer Ransverdi is kicked off and the future of Varglodr is rather unknown.
2) Forest was a British psychedelic folk rock band, active from 1968 to 1970.
Forest was a late 60’s minstrel/medieval type of folk-prog trio in the style of The Incredible String Band, Fairport Convention and Dr. Strangely Strange. Originally called The Foresters Of Walesby the band abreviated their name to Forest and were fortunate enough to meet John Peel at alocal gig and he encouraged them to play in London. After a triumphant gig in Notting Hill’s All Saints Hall at Christmastime 1968, Forest were offered amanagement deal with Blackhill Enterprises, home to amongst others, Pink Floyd and Roy Harper. It wasn’t long before offers of record contracts came their way and the band eventually signed to EMI’s nascent Harvest label. They released a couple of albums with dark but subtle acid lyrics, incorporating pipes, harmonium, harpsichord, mandolin, 12-string guitar and percussion to their sound. Their music doesn’t have the electricity normally associated with rock, yet it can’t be described as straight folk either, the lyrics being rather strange and the band’s approach being far too eclectic.
3) Forest is a Japanese Doujin Circle.
4) Forest is a Hip-Hop artist from Burlington, Vermont (USA).
5) Forest is a Czech Black Metal band.
6) Forest is a British self-dubbed 'wash rock' band from Cambridge, United Kingdom.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.