Niyazi Emre Altuğ (April 14, 1970, Istanbul, Turkey) is a Turkish pop singer, actor. He starred in popular television series, television films, movies and musicals. He is also one of the most popular male singers in Turkey.
Emre Altuğ was born in Levent, Istanbul as the second son to a housewife mother and dentist father. He graduated in Theatrical Studies from the State Conservatory of Istanbul University. He acted on stage in various plays and sang backing vocals to such established artists like Sezen Aksu, Sertab Erener, Levent Yüksel or Nilüfer, before his first album, entitled İbreti Alem (A Lesson to Everyone) was released in 1999.
In 2000 he sang a song called Bir de bana sor (Ask Me, Too) for Melih Kıbar's album entitled Yadıgar. The song became a huge hit with radio stations. His second album, Sıcak (Hot) was released in 2003. In the meantime he appeared in commercials, television films and feature films, like Kolay Para (Easy Money). His third album, Dudak Dudağa (Lip to Lip) came out in 2004, followed by Sensiz Olmuyor (Won't Work Without You) a year later. The song, which the album was named after, became the theme song of a television series that was given the same title (Sensiz Olmuyor) and in which Emre played the leading character. The series was aired on Show TV. In June 2007 he released his latest album Kişiye Özel (Personal).
Emre is planning to release an English album, for which he travelled to the USA and is about to start work with Mark Feist and Damon Sharpe (who have worked with such artists like Anastacia or Jennifer Lopez and are the producers and co-writers of the charity song Come Together Now), who found Emre's voice outstanding and have already started to work on four songs with him.
* 1999 İbreti Alem (A Lesson to Everyone)
* 2003 Sıcak (Hot)
* 2004 Dudak Dudağa (Lip to Lip)
* 2005 Sensiz Olmuyor (Doesn't Work Without You)
* 2001: Tatlı Hayat (Sweet Life): Başar Yıldırım
* 2003: Lise Defteri (High School Book): Genc
* 2005: Sensiz olmuyor (Won't work without you): Arda
* 2006: Hasret (Yearning): Poyraz (mini-series)
* 2006: Gülpare: Aslan (mini-series)
* 1999: Asansör (Elevator)
* 2000: Ağaçlar ayakta ölür (Trees die at their roots) (television)
* 2002: Kolay para kazanma klavuzu: Eray
* 2004: Neredesin Firuze (Where's Firuze?): singer
* 2005: Balans ve Manevra (Balance and Maneuvre): guest appearance
* 2006: Eve giden yol (The road home): Halit
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.