17 Mar 2015, 21:57 by T50L
30 Dec 2014, 14:28 by tristan_ph
30 Jul 2014, 14:46 by aeonflux-812The Feels of July.
Thanks to Spotify I'm able to listen and discover so much more. Thank you... thank you Spotify ^^
Order from most recent:
1. Jagged Little Pill (So very good, so many familiar songs)
3. Version 2.0 (best of the bunch)
4. Beautiful Garbage
5. Blues for the Red Sun (Pure bliss, pure awesomeness)
6. Reflections + remixes (Heard the ad on Spotify, not a bad album)
7. California (This is a strange one)
8. Peeping Tom (Good songs + some cringe songs...looking at you "Sucker" Overall good album)
9. Catalogue (Not a fan of this, "Sing it Back" was just too appealing to not listen)
10. Melody AM (Not a fan yet, requires more listens)
11. Dusk to dawn
12. Black Sands (A full proper listen, definitely 2nd fav after "Dial 'M' for Monkey"
13. Singles Collection (Made it through disc 3 of 7 but couldn't really sit there for 5.5 hours, was struggling through the 5 different versions of Unfinished Sympathy. …
30 Dec 2012, 09:18 by Frequensalad
9 Jan 2011, 20:09 by enigmapanda
6 Jan 2011, 02:34 by ProlyfikI'm not necessarily all that excited with this list, but I enjoyed every single one of these albums. I felt bad about leaving a bunch off, but I did hear well over 100 albums in 2010, so not all could be included. I also have heard some things after 2010 that I really liked, but I don't feel like editing them in. Some of the order is messed up, but I dislike re-ordering things on this page.
Here is the more official version, minus short reviews: http://rateyourmusic.com/list/KillZone/the_top_albums_of_2010
50: Freedom II - Everliven Sound
49. The Clock of Destiny - Chief Kamachi
48. Nineteen Ninety Now - Celph Titled & Buckwild
47. Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty - Big Boi
46. Plastic Beach - The Gorillaz
45. Grey Matter - Grey Matter
44. The Update - J.R. & PH7
43. Returnal - Oneohtrix Point Never
42. Robots & Dinosaurs - Kokayi
41. safe in the steep cliffs - Emancipator
40. Nickelodeon Ethics - Kay the Aquanaut
3 Jan 2011, 02:48 by b4conhttp://i.imgur.com/vZCf0U0.jpg
1. Bonobo - Black Sands
2. Midlake - The Courage Of Others
3. Beach House - Teen Dream
4. Forest Swords - Dagger Paths
5. Tame Impala - Innerspeaker
6. No Age - Everything in Between
7, Emeralds - Does It Look Like I'm Here?
8. Wild Nothing - Gemini
9. Oneohtrix Point Never - Returnal
10. Röyksopp - Senior
And then these too:
Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today
Balmorhea - Constellations
Baths - Cerulean
Beach Fossils - Beach Fossils
Broken Bells - Broken Bells
Candy Claws - Hidden Lands
Carbon Based Lifeforms - Interloper
Caribou - Swim
2 Jan 2011, 13:14 by TechForzeToo much to listen in 2010, there is just too much music =)
Got more into Ambient, found Ultimae Records (great catalog!)
Here's a selection of my 2010 in music:
Best albums of 2010 (random order):
Hans Zimmer - Inception (OST)
Best movie of 2010 and an awesome soundtrack!
Jesse Somfay - A Catch in the Voice (Techno)
From 2009, this album hooked me with the first track, dreamy depressed sounds!
The Flashbulb - Arboreal (IDM)
Great new album of The Flashbulb, totally different of his epic 2008 album, I dislike the sometimes lack of quality of some parts, but this is a must hear!
Alan Fitzpatrick - Shadows In The Dark (Techno)
'Dark' monotome, great release on Drumcode, best techno album/producer of 2010.
Asura - 360 (Ambient)
30 Dec 2010, 15:32 by Quicksand227- Favourite albums:
1. Massive Attack - Heligoland
2. Bonobo - Black Sands
3. Valgeir Sigurðsson - Draumalandið
I bought this album right after the phenomenal Whale Watching Tour (Ben Frost | Nico Muhly | Sam Amidon | Valgeir Sigurðsson with Una Sveinbjarnardóttir & Borgar Magnason) concert in Berlin.
Draumalandið is the soundtrack to an icelandic documentary about the exploitation of Iceland's natural resources of the same name.
Amongst others, the score features Valgeir's collaborators and Bedroom Community labelmates Ben Frost, Sam Amidon and Nico Muhly.
This leads to a very wide instrumentarium (for example, combining electronic sounds with hauting string sections and banjo) while still managing to keep a coherent overall sound.
28 Dec 2010, 08:47 by CaptainGaylordThis year I followed music more closely than I ever have before, which unsurprisingly has made compiling the ol' year-end list quite difficult! So I guess I'll get things started with thirty albums that, for whatever reason, didn't make it onto the monstrous-ass 2010 list I've got coming.
Corrine Bailey Rae - The Sea
Iron Braydz - Devil May Cry
Das Racist - Sit Down, Man
Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star
Adam Green - Minor Love
Kaskade - Dynasty
Bad Religion - The Dissent of Man
Indian Jewelry - Totaled
Gayngs - Related
Emancipator - safe in the steep cliffs
Lorn - Nothing Else
Kidneythieves - Trypt0fanatic
Blonde Redhead - Penny Sparkle
The Birthday Massacre - Pins and Needles
Gold Panda - Lucky Shiner
Atheist - Jupiter
Chimes & Bells - Chimes & Bells
Twin Shadow - Forget
The Body - All The Waters Of The Earth Turn To Blood
In Mourning - Monolith
Auuggh these last ten were so close...
Owen Pallett - Heartland