There are at least five bands named Doldrums.
1. An electronic band of Airick Woodhead from Toronto and Montreal, Canada (formed around 2010).
2. An experimental rock band from Fairfax, Virginia, US (were active in 1994-2000).
3. A sludge metal/grindcore band from Denver, Colorado, US (released an EP and album in 2007-2008).
4. A punk rock band from Gainesville, Florida, US (released an album and EP in 1987-1988).
5. A rock band from Bochum, Germany (released a single in 1984).
1) A project of a Montreal based musician and videoartist Airick Woodhead started around 2010. He creates intense music for staying up all night, just thinking. It's "a sea of chopped up samples, disembodied vocals and tribal percussion. Electro-hallucinogenic freak outs and fuzzy warm nostalgia" (No Pain in Pop).
2) An avant-garde/experimental rock band from Fairfax, Virginia, consisted of Justin Chearno (guitar), Bill Kellum (bass), and Matt Kellum (drums). They were active between 1994 and 2000, having released four albums. Their music was highly improvised, and they almost did not play live. Justin Chearno also played in Pitchblende in the mid-90s, now lives in NYC and plays in Turing Machine, Panthers, and others. Bill Kellum has been running the VHF label since 1991, which has released recordings by Skullflower, Flying Saucer Attack, Pelt, Rake, Wingtip Sloat, Total, Sunroof!, Richard Youngs/Simon Wickham-Smith, etc. Matt Kellum plays in a band called Chomsky.
1995 - Secret Life of Machines
1997 - Acupuncture
1999 - Desk Trickery
2000 - Feng Shui
3) A sludge doom/grindcore/crust band from Denver, Colorado.
Zane - Drums, Vocals
Jordan - Guitar, Vocals
Derek - Guitar, Vocals
Haraldo Mardones - Bass
Nowhere Existence EP, 2007
Doldrums Full-length, 2008
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.