1) A Four piece Finnish melodic death metal band formed in 1995.
2) A Korean thrash metal band.
3) An experimental Chilean screamo/post rock band
4) An Amiga demoscene musician active in the early and mid 1990s
1) Diablo was born in the late 1990s in Finland. They recorded it´s first mini-album “Princess” catching a record deal with Poko Rekords. The first album Elegance in Black was released in 2000 and was described as a powerful punch in the face.
In 2002 after releasing the second album Renaissance, which went straight to number 14 on the Finnish Top 40, Diablo played gigs on several summer festivals. Most important of them was the internationally known Tuska-festival in Helsinki. The band also made a video of the albumÂs opening track Angel. Diablo took a strong place in the Finnish metal music scene with these two albums.
The expectations for the third album increased to a high level when the release date got closer. The hype around the band was enormous. And just before the third album´s release, Finnish most popular music show “Levyraati” broadcasted their brand new video of the song Read My Scars, also released as a single (staying nine weeks on the single chart, topping at number three). The video got so much feedback that even the grannies knew the group after that!
“Diablo“ that hails in the names of Testament, Slayer and Death- released it’s third album Eternium on the 19th of January 2004. It went straight to number 3 on the chart, staying for eight weeks on the Finnish Top 40. The band got awesome media interest. Most of the gigs were sold out and the forthcoming summer seems to be a busy time for the group. Diablo, Finland’s brightest metal hope, is known as a super live act, capable of producing their enormous roar also on stage.
Their fourth album, Mimic47 was released 18.1.2006. Album went first on the chart directly.
Their fifth album, Icaros, was released 14.5.2008 under the label Sakara, debuting at #2 on the chart.
Diablo is: Rainer Nygård (guitar & vocals), Aadolf Virtanen (bass) and Marko Utriainen (lead guitar). Timo Kemppainen was the band’s original drummer. He was replaced by Heikki Malmberg (drums since 2000).
2) Also a visual kei band.
3) More info and songs on http://www.myspace.com/eldiabloesunmagnifico.
4) Notable for composing the songs from Budbrain’s first and second megademos.
Edited by jmz2 on 30 Dec 2009, 16:14
Sources (view history)
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.